“Easy accessible” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Auburndale Inn & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN Auburndale Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Auburndale Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1008 US Highway 92 West, Auburndale, FL 33823-9585 (Formerly BEST WESTERN PLUS Auburndale Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersBronze level
Eastern NC
“Easy accessible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was a great place for us to stay. We went to the Spring Training game in Lakeland one day and went to Legoland the next. Walmart was right near the hotel for any needs and many restaurants were near. Breakfast was great, but room could be setup better.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Geneva, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

The Best Western Plus in Auburndale, FL is conveniently located to Lake Myrtle Sports Complex and pretty close to Legoland and the Lakeland Mall. We stayed here one night for a soccer program. The lobby and rooms are nicely decorated and clean. The beds were comfortable. The rooms have a refrigerator and microwave. The breakfast was a typical continental breakfast. The coffee was good. The room stayed cool, but the AC didn't seem to be working properly. We had to turn it down to 65 degrees. My only complaint is the shower. There is a divide between the tub and plastic trim that lines the wall. In between there it is completely covered in green slime and mold. Surprising with everything else so clean.

• Stayed April 2013
Sheila P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Auburndale Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. I am glad that we were able to meet your needs during your stay. Customer satisfaction is extremely important to us, and while I am grateful that both our staff and our amenities were up to standard, I am equally grateful that you pointed out the one area where we could use some improvement. I do apologize for the shower, and I assure you that on your next visit that issue will no longer remain.

We look forward to seeing you again!!
Marianna, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We visited Best Western Plus Auburndale for one night, March 30, 2013 as part of a mini-vacation to Lego Land. While the price was a bit more than I wanted to pay, it was well worth it. The room was great for 2 adults, 3 kids.

I called about 2 hours before we arrived to see if there was a heated pool (which they did) because my kids and I were anxious to go swimming (it's just not a vacation without swimming!) and when we got there the front desk receptionist, I believe her name was Elisha, had booked us in the room closest to the pool. She was GREAT! So professional, caring, knowledgeable! Elisha helped us several times throughout our short stay, and her spirit matched her face and her attitude--all were absolutely beautiful. She was a blessing to us, and is, no doubt, a major asset to this company! Elisha also recommended some restaurants that offered discounts for Best Western guests, and we were not disappointed in the place we chose.

The room was very clean, included all the extras you could want or need. The bathroom was spacious, and the water pressure was very good. The kids enjoyed the cable, loved the pool, and slept well. The breakfast was plentiful and delicious including waffles, muffins, cereal, coffee, juice, milk, bagels, eggs, bacon and more. Every staff person was kind and professional. We were very pleased with our experience at this location. We will, Lord willing, be back soon for our next trip to Lego Land :-)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to complete this review of our property. I am happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Elisha is certainly one of the best when it comes to making sure our guests stay is memorable and enjoyable. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to seeing you the next time you visit LEGOLAND!!
Palm Coast, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I booked this hotel for an overnight during the Sun-n-Fun fly-in at Lakeland airport. The reviews seemed reasonable and the location fit another need but the price was pretty steep even with a preferred discount ... obviously they raised the prices for a major nearby event? Still, I've had good luck with Best Western overall so I went for it.

First impressions were fine and the room was fine ... but there were multiple issues with the bathroom water system and more. The low flow sink faucet must be Al Gore's idea of low flow to the max. It was IMPOSSIBLE to get even warm water out of it and the flow rate was an insult. I decided to use the bathtub to cause flowage to maybe help bring warm water to it. It did help some but the flow sink faucet flow RATE was SO low you couldn't define it in gallons per minute but drops per hour. It was litterally THAT bad (sic). As soon as I turned off the tub flow, the sink went to cold. Meanwhile, using the tub as an attractant, IT started filling with water. So when I stepped in for my shower, I stepped into almost a foot of water. Finally, I wondered what all the creaking from the next room was ... turns out the method the installer of the plastic tub/walls used was causing major creaking from the tub which transmitted thru the walls. The next room was this way and so was mine. Finally, I DEMAND a few in-room cups of coffee in the AM. I poured a pot of water into the coffee maker and when I came in 20 minutes later, only two were in the pot. Don't know what that problem was. So except for a toilet that did work, the bathroom was a major problem. For what I paid, this was beyond unacceptible. My sense is that they've installed low flow faucet in all the rooms so I'd bet that other rooms had this same problem.

I won't give this hotel a two rating because the place was clean and the breakfast was decent -- although the eating room was WAY too small with too few tables. I try to be fair with my ratings so I'll give them a three ... MINUS.

I'm being charitible giving them a 3 raverage ating given the price (at preferred rates). I don't think I would stay here again for the above reasons.

Looks like Jennifer W. feels the same way about the price. WE won't be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Auburndale Hwy.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Newark, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here from Mar 29 to Apr 1, 2013. A family of 5 with kids aged 6 to 10. We picked this hotel due to its rate, close proximity to LegoLand, and the ratings.

We checked in late, around 1am. The staff were very professional and friendly. The premises were clean inside and out. The lobby was very inviting, and comfortable to just sit back and relax. Coffee and tea are available 24/7.

The room was clean and adequate. We had 2 double beds that suited the family just fine. A TV, microwave, coffeemaker, refrigerator, iron and ironing board. The bathroom is spacious enough and clean. The beds were comfortable. The pillows...not so much. They could use a new set of pillows for a more comfortable sleep.

Free breakfast every morning was great to have. The food was good. Coffee was good. :-)
Breakfast included eggs, sausages, waffles, pastries, muffins, cereal, bagels, juices, etc.

LEGOLAND TICKETS: One of the best surprises of our stay here was LegoLand tickets. I had opted not to purchase them in advance before we left, and I'm glad I didn't. Ask the front desk about discount LegoLand tickets, and we got the best deal that I could have found on web or in coupons. Adults 2-day with waterpark was $79.99 and Kids $69.99. They printed the tickets for us, and we were set to go. Legoland is about a 12-15 min. drive from the hotel.

About 1/2 a mile down the road is the International World Market / Flea Market. This was a nice place to visit if you're into these things. We found some bargains, some cool things, had some really good authentic Mexican Tacos. There are many restaurants that are within drivable distance. Walmart is also nearby for some quick necessities.

There is a fitness room, a laundry room (has 1 washer and 1 dryer), a swimming pool. I used the laundry room, and the machine was a large load. Bring quarters, or ask at the desk. The swimming pool wasn't large, but it was clean and just the right size for the kids. There are comfortable lounging chairs. Towels are available in the fitness room.

Overall a good stay. The A/C unit drowned out all the noises from the outside. Shower pressure was good. We're a family on a budget Spring Break. We know it's not the Hyatt, but certainly no complaints here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Germantown, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Our family stayed here for two nights for a soccer tournament in town. Overall the room and bathroom was clean. The kids enjoyed the doughnuts and muffins for breakfast.

Our major problem was that we were not able to sleep. The beds were not that comfortable. But the worst was that you cou hear everything going on outside and in the rooms around you. The doors slamming. People talking in the rooms next door and their tv until 2am. The train that seemed to come by every hour and road noise. All of this could have been drowned out if only the air conditioning had a setting to keep the fan running continuously. Unfortunately, those settings did not work and it kept switching off and then back on. Worst night of sleep in have had in a hotel in a long time.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to BEST WESTERN Auburndale Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!