“exceeded expectations” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Auburndale Inn & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN Auburndale Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Auburndale Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1008 US Highway 92 West, Auburndale, FL 33823-9585 (Formerly BEST WESTERN PLUS Auburndale Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Auburndale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Harrison, Ohio
“exceeded expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

Nice hotel, good location. Room was a suite with whirlpool tub, large bed, mini fridge,microwave... very nice. Good price through their website and no problem booking. Room had a bit of a musty smell and could have used a good airing out, but otherwise very nice. Being on the ground floor, we could hear the guests above us as well as the traffic.

Room Tip: I would choose a third floor room on the back side, I think it would be quieter.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

I have to say that our stay at your hotel rates as one of the high points of our recent trip to Florida and specifically Legoland. I only wish we had been able to stay more than one night. From Glenn who "talked me in" at 1 a.m. when the GPS in-explicitly failed to deliver us to the front door, to the helpful kitchen staffer who went the extra distance wrapping some (free) breakfast goodies for us as we hit the road the next morning, the whole staff interaction was just super. The room was a dream and I sorely missed it while staying at another, Orlando-area hotel later during our trip. I found the combination of a t.v. and in-room computer really worked for us: while my son enjoyed the Cartoon Network I was able to stay connected and communicate via email, as well as research travel routes (OK, and maybe surf the net a little too....). The bed was simply excellent. If this review sounds a little over the top, it reflects our (limited) experience at Best Western Plus Auburndale Inn & Suites. If/when I vacation in Florida again, I plan on flying in to Tampa so I can stay there again, and for more than one night. Thank you everyone for a great stay!

Room Tip: king bed suite was a winner; felt more like two rooms than one.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

I stayed here for one night while visiting friends and found it very convenient and a great value for the money. This hotel has an excellent staff, very friendly and informative. Breakfast is included with the room...the usual standard fare, which provides convenience. Parking is free. Why I rated this hotel for excellence: the amenities in the room such as refrigerator, microwave, computer with free high speed internet & wireless, lots of electrical outlets for all my electronics, nice tv (which I never used). I stayed in a king room and it was great for me, as a solo traveler-very spacious. My room faced the highway and those were the only really audible sounds, but they were insignificant to me. Otherwise, the hotel room was very quiet, no disturbances from neighboring rooms.I would stay here again if I were traveling through. The location is excellent if your activities include things to do around Winter Haven, Orlando, Tampa, and St. Petersburg as this hotel is conveniently located almost midway between Orlando and Tampa.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Georgetown, in
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

Our lengthy stay was delightful!! Everything, inside and outside, was clean, clean, clean. The bedding and towels were much nicer than in many so called plush hotels. I really liked the idea of not having large bedspreads touching the floor. it was great to be able to use the laundry. The housekeeping staff was excellent. The breakfast was a convenient bonus. Later in our trip, we were forced to stay in an expensive hotel where the breakfast was ten dolllars apiece. Even though we did not try it, I doubt it was worth it. Elisha, at the front desk, was wonderful. She really went out of her way to help us with our plans and eating choices. Every suggestion was supurb. We look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

We had a group of nature photographers coming from Atlanta to shoot pictures of the Circle B Reserve near Lakeland, FL. We had booked rooms at this hotel through a Group bidding service offered by Hotel Guides and this hotel offered the best rate that was also closest to the Circle B. When we arrived I was very pleasantly surprised to find that the hotel had set out pacakges for everyone that provided not only local information on restaurants, etc. but also had printed out directions for everyone on how to get to and return from the photoshoot location. The rooms were all clean and spacious, very nice complementary breakfast, fast and free internet servcies (including computer setups in each room in case you did not have your own computer) and staff were very cordial throughout the stay. Everyone I spoke with was pleased with the hotel and we are already planning another shoot next year.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

This is a great business class hotel. The beds are comfortable, its close to the parkway and they will set up a direct bill account with the company you work for. The staff is top notch and go out of your way to help you. My only two gripes about this hotel are the food choices within walking distance and the fact that the train horns fire up around 6 am.

Room Tip: Get one on the north side of the site on one of the lower levels. The noise from the trains and traf...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

I enjoyed my stay very much. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is efficiently laid out and decorated tastefully. I had a suite in which the non-bedroom part was very large, enough to accommodate all three of the business associates who met with me there, easily and comfortably. Also, most hotels of this size have an exercise room, but all too often it consists only of a treadmill and/or stationary bike. This one has, in addition, a very efficient weight machine -- a big plus.

Having a computer in the room was good. According to the people who booked the room for me, this was the only hotel in the entire area with that feature. However, if it was left unused for a few minutes it would turn itself off, and erase anything you might have done on it. Thus, there was no way to save any work performed using this computer, even for an hour. But it was better than no computer at all.

Room Tip: I recommend the side away from the highway. Mine was very quiet. I slept like a rock.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburndale
Holiday Inn Winter Haven
Crestwood Suites Lakeland
Crestwood Suites Lakeland
#6 of 32 in Lakeland
4.0 of 5 stars 191 reviews

Been to BEST WESTERN Auburndale Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!