“Great food, very noisy” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ocean 60 Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Latin, Seafood, International, Spanish, Fusion, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Atlantic Boulevard
Description: Fresh Continental Cuisine with a Tropical Flair best describes Ocean 60. Creating two Establishments in One, you can dine in the Main Dining Room for a more intimate evening or the Martini Lounge for a more casual experience. Local artist, Enrique Mora displays his vibrant paintings on the wall. Located one half block to the Ocean and across from a Resort Hotel, Ocean 60 has something for everyone from a Full Bar Specializing in Martinis and offering Live Music as well as a Quaint Wine Bar in the Dining Room for that intimate feel.
“Great food, very noisy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

The food is consistently good, and the service is friendly and efficient. However, on a busy night it gets very loud, and is difficult to carry on a conversation.

Visited March 2014

Jacksonville, Florida
“The best at the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Consistently great food with a varied menu. Service is better than average for Jacksonville. The bar service is GREAT!!

I love that they don't exclude dinning special offers during Happy Hour. We use Rstaurant.com and hate when you can't combine that certificate with Happy Hour pricing. It happened to us up the street on Atlantic and we have never gone back to the Bistro.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jacksonville, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food but the noise was SO LOUD, it detracted from everything else.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

My husband and I stopped in hoping for an enjoyable, romantic evening. The restaurant has two areas, the lounge area with tables and live music and the main dining area. There was a guitarist playing the night we were there but we could hardly hear it in the other room. We sat in a secluded corner of the main dining room. The floors and walls are tiled and ceiling is wood. I couldn't even hear the server describe the specials or explain any wine or martini offerings because the conversations of the other patrons was so loud. I had to make ear plugs out of cocktail napkins. I had to resort to texting my husband sitting across a small table because conversation was impossible. The actual food was excellent.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fleming Island, Florida
“Perfect dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

We dined on a Tuesday and was very surprised to see how crowded it was. Now I can see why. Service was truly impeccable. Our server was able to describe in detail any dish we asked about on the menu and made each and every one sound delectable, their bread left a wonderful taste in your mouth. The hose side salad we ordered was $3 with an entree and was a very generous one with a delicious lime dressing. There are regular menu options and then special menu options which we were told change on a daily basis. We had a special hangar steak with coconut fried shrimp. Oh yum. Steak had a chimicurri sauce that was so good. Mashed potatoes were the best I've ever had. Seasonal vegetable and small amount of fried onions accompanied the dish and was beautifully presented for a price of $25. Really my idea of a perfect dining experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
The Villages, Florida
“My friends raved about it but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I loved the ambience of the restaurant. The New England like Clam Chowder as it was called with oysters was not bad but it was closer to Manhattan Clam Chowder, the latter of which I do not prefer. Wild mushroom with papadella pasta was not what I expected. Papadella pasta is very common in Tuscany with either boar or mushrooms but this was quite different. It had lots of spinach and floating in sauce the likes of which I haven't tasted before. In my opinion it should have been a very simple pasta dish and they made it into soup laden pasta dish. I think in both instances, the chef wanted to make something "creative" and made the dishes too heavy and complicated.

Visited January 2014