“Best in Jacksonville/Beaches area” 5 of 5 stars

Pho Viet
1447 Mayport Road, Suite 5, Atlantic Beach, FL
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Vietnamese
“Best in Jacksonville/Beaches area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

This is a small, family-run restaurant with fresh, delicious food and friendly, efficient service. I've eaten here dozens of times for lunch/dinner and have never been disappointed. Portions are large, ingredients are fresh and flavorful, and the food always arrives hot.The seating area is small and basic, but it's clean, well-organized, and well-lit. The food here is much better than PK Noodles or Bowl of Pho; the short trek up Mayport is worth it.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Don't waste your time.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Tried this place with a friend who's lived in Vietnam and knows Pho. We both agreed this pho was bland and the noodles were chewy. The boba tea was so bad we took one drink of two different flavors and left it there. The service was very slow for a late Friday lunch. We asked to have the drinks taken off and the manager came out. She asked what was the matter with the drinks and we said that it didn't taste right and we didn't drink it. She was mad at us for asking but agreed to do it, but not before talking in Vietnamese under her breath at us. Little did she know that my blond friend also spoke it! Needless to say we won't be going back!

Visited September 2013
New Haven, Connecticut
“Must try it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This place was a bit hidden, but my friends and I were so glad we stopped in. We stopped in for dinner on a Tuesday night. The food was incredible and prepared so quickly. The staff was minimal, but they did a great job and were very attentive. The prices were great and we would love to go again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jacksonville, Florida
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

The combination plate with grilled chicken, beef and port is not to be missed. The two pieces of beef roll were stuffed with onions while the pork and chicken were marinated in a special sauce.
The plate came with a small salad, rice and a cup of soup. I also had a couple of the spring rolls with peanut sauce. That was good as well. Finally, in a bid to take home with me a little of Pho Viet, I decided to order the banh mi sandwich with chicken. Most excellent! This was probably my most unforgettable meal in a Vietnamese restaurant. Currently plotting my return!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jacksonville, Florida
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have to admit, I have been hesitating to try Pho Viet but I am so glad I finally gave in and tried it! We stopped in for a late lunch and tried the vegetable spring rolls and the Pho. I have had Pho before at another local Jacksonville place and I really enjoyed Pho Viet's much better. The vegetables tasted and looked fresh that came with the Pho and the broth and noodles were just right. The Spring rolls were delicious and the dipping sauce was very authentic tasting, which I enjoyed. The service was great and seemed to be run by a mother and son who did a nice job of over seeing each table and making sure we were taken care of. Pho Viet will be my new stop and I have already had a few other people try it who were hesitant like me!

• Visited February 2012