“Delicious FRESH seafood!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Jacksonville, Florida
“Delicious FRESH seafood!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My sister just had her birthday dinner here, and there were 13 of us who went... Safe Harbor had no problem seating us. All of us, especially the kids, enjoyed looking out at the shrimp boats and the sea gulls. Everything was fresh, hot, and amazingly delicious. Even the fries were good! My personal favorite was the fried oysters. Mmm! At the recommendation of others, we sampled both the fish dip, and the spinach cakes, and yes they are very good. We all felt that it was a fair price for the food, and the shrimp and oysters were awesome!! I highly recommend Safe Harbor... and hubby and I have already decided we'll have our anniversary dinner there! :)

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Lakeland, FL
“Great Fresh Fish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I loved the concept and cleanliness of the attached seafood market. The snapper I ate was some of the best I have ever eaten. Everything we ate was wonderful. I can't wait to go back when I am in the area.

Visited August 2013
New Port Richey, Florida
“Very Good Food, Location, Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Got a basket of shrimp for lunch and it was very good, plenty of food. Not overcooked like most restaurants do with seafood. Has a fresh seafood market in the restaurant.

We sat outside, and they were putting up new retractable window curtains so you can have a good view of the river. Had a good local beer too called Dukes Cold Nose Brown ale in a can (recommended by the staff).

There are bags of water with a penny in them handing over the outside portion of the deck. I had to ask what the heck they were, and was told it somehow wards off flies. Must work because we weren't bothered.

Would go back for sure...right next to the ferry to cross the St. John's River.

Visited August 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Local Fresh seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We had lunch here on a Friday afternoon. It was busy but the line cleared quickly. I had the blackened grouper and shrimp basket and my wife had the shrimp and crab cake basket. The food was fresh and delicious but pricey for lunch ($42 for 2).

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Delicious fresh seafood!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Friendly and welcoming staff with a layed back Old Mayport atmosphere. I had the fried grouper which melted in my mouth. And the hush puppies were very flavorful and served with a spicy Thai chili sauce. Yum yum! Did I mention, it's one of the few places around that I will actually order seafood (knowing the delivery dock is out back is comforting to me). It doesn't get any fresher! For those of you who don't like seafood, no worries. There are carnivore offerings. My husband had the Angus beef cheeseburger and said it was delicious! I can't wait to go back to try something new.

• Visited July 2013