“The only place I'd stay in Jacksonville area” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
4th Night FREE!
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
Key Biscayne, Florida
“The only place I'd stay in Jacksonville area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

I have traveled many places and stayed at wonderful hotels and One Ocean accompanies the few at the top of my list. The service is impeccable...intuitively impeccable. The wake-up call in the morning accompanied by the delivery of a steaming pot of coffee and newspaper to my door is just the beginning. It is such a gracious experience in every way. The bed and bedding quality are magnificent and the turndown service in the evening is a nice touch. The lobby bar is a fantastic place for cocktails and conversation and the restaurant Azurea is not to be missed. The chefs are amazing. The staff will arrange to have bikes or surfboards delivered on site. Perfect since the ocean is steps away. I road north on the beach to the state park and enjoyed mountain bike trails and a natural wilderness excursion. I truly can't say enough about One Ocean except it would be a mistake not to stay there even if you live in town just to have a getaway.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

Stayed at One Ocean for 4 nights for a business meeting. The location - right on beach - was wonderful and the staff attitude, with one exception, was outstanding!
Since our organizer declined docent services (cheapskates), we had no coffee or ice available. Refrigerator in room and convenience store just down the street, so able to stock myself with water, etc. If you like coffee before you get dressed, leave room, etc - bring your own brewpot or be prepared to wait.
The area around the resort was filled with charming little shops and lots of places to eat. Hardly anything open for early morning breakfast. I did not eat at hotel restaurants - couldn't find anything I liked on menu.
The decor on this property was incredible! Artwork - including paintings, sculptures, etc were contemporary and original. Little surprises at every turn - be sure to wander around the lobby!
Didn't use spa services - no time. They appeared extensive and about same price to be expected at any such facility.
All in all - the staff was the high point of stay. Friendly and responsive!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

This hotel, although it looks average from the outside has been remodeled beautifully. The lobby, decor, common areas and rooms do have an upscale feel to them. From an interior design standpoint this can sometimes be hard to pull off. The room is comfy, bed and pillows are great. There is a room off the lobby that contains art.
The outside pool although small is nice with great chairs and the gym is great.

Service was good, although this place tries to hard to be 5 star which it is not. The "docent" is your personal concierge and I took full advantage considering the $25/day resort fee not charged until the end of your stay. There are no irons in the rooms but your docent will take your clothes and press them for you, which is great since I hate ironing! Iasked them to be done in 30 minutes and they were, which was great! The front desk staff is a little snooty bordering on patronizing, but that's ok. Compared to other places in the area this is clearly the best and the neighborhood is really classy with plenty of good restaurants of varying tastes. I did get room service but the dessert item was of poor quality for $8. The turn down service did ask if I wanted ice each night which was a nice touch.

Now for the bad. This place is not a Ritz etc and I shouldn't have all these sneaky, hidden extra charges. Forget about the valet parking...a complete waste at 15$/day. There is ample parking in public spots directly in front of the hotel for free where you won't be towed. I stayed in the same spot for 3 days and my car was left alone. The resort fee at $25/day is unavoidable however you get little for this fee but a few bags of chips and bottles of water in your room. I was shocked that beach chairs were extra and not included in this fee...absurd!!! I got a 3nights for the price of 2 which is a good deal...but I would think this place is too much during peak season. Plus the oceanview rooms do not have a window that can be opened so forget about hearing the ocean, this is extremely stupid. The bathroom is really small with hardly enough room for the door to clear the toilet. But, the shower was fantastic and made up for this.

I decided to splurge and get a massage at the spa. Probably the worst part of my stay. First, I payed for 50 minutes and only got about 35 minutes. I did spend some time getting a shower before the masage but that shouldn't have taken away from the full 50 minutes. I asked the masseuse to focus on a few areas and she did not.

The hotel is nice but takes itself too seriously...not worth any more than $175 a night.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Ottawa, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

I came to visit my daughter & grandson. She wanted to treat me to a nice beach getaway for two days. I am typically very frugal and not too fancy, so I was a little worried when I saw where she was taking me. I saw other reviewers complaining about fees and such. But let me tell you, it was worth every cent! The place is beautiful. Staff is the friendliest and most welcoming and ready to serve you. The view is fabulous. Azurea has the best food. I loved the Seafood Cobb salad-best calamari ever. I also enjoyed their version of the pulled pork sandwich served on a biscuit. YUM!! The desserts are made in-house and again, so very YUMMY!! I want to go back every time I vist Jacksonville.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Delray Bch, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

Drove up to Jacksonville to share my date's birthday. I arrived 2.5hrs early. I sat by the pool, had an icy cold beer and my phone rang 15 mins later.....the front desk "your room is ready"! My personal Docent (concierge of sorts) Bobby, offered to unpack my clothes, press them, get ice, offered me the world. The $25.00 resort fee allots you a draw full of snacks and a fridge filled with soda, water. Your Docent brings you all the ice you need along with anything else at the touch of one phone button.
Dinner at Azurea, the resort restaurant was OUTSTANDING and reasonably priced!
I was upgrade, free of charge to a corner 7th floor room with direct ocean view. I have stayed at ALL the trendy, exclusive resorts and hotels. I must say, this may have been my best experience to date. All staff members really do want you to have the very best time. They are all very sincere. Check this one out! I will be back once a month. Well worth the 4.5 hr drive from Delray Beach

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

I am a Governors member of both the Inn & Club and Ponte Vedra Club yet find the One Ocean just as nice. We are very tired of paying an automatic 25% tips to everything you did at both those clubs. At One Ocean their service is great. This place used to be a Holiday Inn, then Sea Turtle and now One Ocean. The have totally revamped the whole place and did a wonderful job.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

I travel for business often and stay in higher quality hotels so I am used to great properties. This one was very unique in the fact that they emailed and personally called me ahead of time to collect personal information about my family members and any unique needs they may have or if we were traveling there for a special occasion. I cant remember the last time I got this kind of personal attention before ever arriving at the hotel.

They also did the same a couple of days after we left to make sure we enjoyed our stay.

Once there my wife was blown away at just how well decorated the hotel is and took several pictures as she is now thinking of redesigning our bedroom to match.

The service was amazing they remembered the names of my family members and there personal likes and dislikes. The snacks and sodas in the room were complimentary instead of the typical hotel in room snacks. They had dvd players they would bring to the room with a selection of movies to pick from and even offered laptops for use if needed.

The beach was beautiful and the property is next to several nice shops and restaurants. We stayed 5 nights and loved every moment. I would highly recommend One Ocean!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#2 of 10 in Jacksonville Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 778 reviews
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#1 of 10 in Jacksonville Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 382 reviews
Courtyard Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard Jacksonville Beach Oce...
#5 of 10 in Jacksonville Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 380 reviews
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonvil...
#3 of 10 in Jacksonville Beach
Seahorse Oceanfront Inn
Seahorse Oceanfront Inn
#1 of 2 in Neptune Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 120 reviews

Been to One Ocean Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!