“Great Service, Great Locaton, Loads of Fun!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
4th Night FREE!
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
Georgia
“Great Service, Great Locaton, Loads of Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2009

My family had an exceptional experience at the One Ocean hotel. The staff was very friendly and made you feel right at home. Location was wonderful as most activities one would want were in walking distance. Rooms were adequate, bathrooms were small as previously notated, but they were clean and the furnishings were top notch. Great place to travel with a child. Beach and pool area was very clean and not overly crowded. My wife loved the spa and was very happy with the service she recieved there. Overall a great experience.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Troy, OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2009

I am in the process of planning a wedding for next summer I tried to contact the One Ocean Resort to meet with them and see their facility. I came in from out of town to meet with many photographers and see many locations. In planning the trip every call I made or email I sent was answered with in 24-48 hours making ti easy to set up my trip however I call The One Ocean Resort 3 times over a two week period and left voice-mails and have still never received any correspondence. My mother also called twice and never received any response. After meeting with 5 photographers who have worked with resorts all over the Jacksonville area not one photographer had anything good to say about The One Ocean Resort. If a resort won't return your phone calls to get your business what would make anyone think they will return them once they have your money! Ended up booking with the Ritz Carlton just north on Amelia Island and their menu is actually less expensive than the One Ocean Resort, not to mention they go above and beyond to do anything for you.

• Stayed June 2009
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

Exceptional service. It began with a call from the hotel a few days before out check asking if we had any special needs or requests. When we arrived, the valet was very courteous. The attendants at the check in counter greeted me by name before I had introduced myself.

Stayed in one of the suites on the 8th floor. Our room was large, with two bathrooms, a den, 2 large plasma TVs, 2 balconies overlooking the beach/ocean, very well decorated with new furniture and luxury linens. The soap/shampoo/lotion products were luxurious. A bottle of wine and fresh fruit on a plate welcomed us. After the bellman dropped off our bags, the docent dropped in to introduce herself to us and to the hotel's procedures for getting whatever we needed (i.e. just call the docent and she'll take care of the rest). We used her to get ice a number of times. The drinks and food in the room and wireless internet are included with the $25 resort fee and come with a nice selection of non-alcoholic drinks and snack foods (from healthy to not so healthy choices).

Food from the bar at the pool was very good. Food in the hotel restaurant was excellent. Both are probably on the expensive side, but not any more than I would have expected at any other "high end" hotel. Staff at the pool bar was very courteous. They are responsible for setting up lounge chairs and umbrellas for you on the beach.

I didn't get a chance to get a massage at the spa. I called to make an appointment late on Sunday and all slots were booked by then. If you want to use the spa, make sure you make reservations ahead of time.

Gym facilities had modern and new equipment.

Pool was heated and felt great after a day on the beach. It's probably a bit small for what you might expect of a high end resort, but it wasn't crowded so size didn't really matter to me.

Great location. Withing walking distance of a number of restaurants. If you go out to eat, I definitely recommend Ragtime. The mussels were heavenly and the lobster/shrimp alfredo pasta was just awesome.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

This is a beautiful hotel - they did an exceptional job with the renovations, but unfortunately, their service is terrible. Over and over again on this site they claim they are a luxury hotel, but no luxury hotel I've ever stayed at has had such poor service. If you do stay at this hotel, do yourself a favor and make sure you request a room away from the elevators. Our room was located directly across from the elevators. Upon arrival we called the front desk to request to be moved even two rooms down. The front desk employee was extremely rude & my husband requested that the mgr call him back. She said "I'm telling you there is nothing he can do. We are completely booked!" The manager called and was just as rude. If either one of them were polite, or even said we're sorry, etc we would have been fine with it. We understand hotels get booked, but they did not care about our concern/comfort at all - it was very clear. No one ever followed us with us and the docent never stopped by our room.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
sileshi, Manager- Divisional Vice President at One Ocean Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 29, 2009
Dear, MakoFlorida

At One Ocean we are deeply concerned with the experience you had during your stay. This is certainly not the typical treatment we extend to our patrons. Please accept our apology. We are unable to explain why you encountered behavior that is so uncharacteristic of our staff, but we will use the example to renew our commitment to providing consistently outstanding hospitality. I would urge you to contact me at One Ocean so we may arrange a return visit as soon as possible. I am positive that when you experience the real One Ocean, you will be convinced we provide exceptional guest care. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Best regards,

Sileshi Mengiste
Divisional Vice President
Northern New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2009

One Ocean is a small hotel with a very hip vibe - think South Beach. As other reviewers have stated, the bathrooms are REALLY small, but I found the room itself to be quite comfortable. Loved the large flat screen TV. Except for some minor things - docents need to be contacted for everything including ice and an iron, and the cost of renting beach chairs and umbrellas - I enjoyed my stay. The restaurant Azurea was exceptional. I ordered from the dinner, lunch and bar menus and everything was delicious. The employees are friendly and really try to please the guests. I would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
skaneateles, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

I truly enjoyed my stay. My husband and I with our 2 boys, 7 and 10, stayed here on our way to Orlando from NY Easter weekend. Our car was a disaster from our long trip, but the valet's never made us feel inadequate. They provided very personal service without being annoying. The rooms are amazingingly large and decorated very nicely. The bathroom is very small, but you're not in there much. The best part about this hotel is that you can walk to great restaraunts and shops. Check out Shelby's coffee house and Sticky Fingers. But absolutely don't miss Joseph's. We ate here a few times. The girls that work there are really good. The food is amazing from the pizza to the subs to the italian bread. You can walk right out the front door of the hotel into this little gem.

Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
New York City, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

My stay at One Ocean was more than I expected it to be-- the decor was absolutely fabulous.. I felt like I was at the beach with all the beautiful warm but relaxing tones.. The blue water, sand and sun was always on my mind. The Spa treatments were wonderful I became a new person after my hot stone body massage...
The food was superb.. exceptional Chef Peters.. has done it again and again -- try the assorted dessert it will make you feel special.. The crabcakes were my favorite. I love being pampered daily with bright smiles!!!!-- only downer was the view -- partial oceanview is not a good look.. but for a little upscale R & R it's worth the extra bucks.. snacks, paper and a fridge stocked with all your favorites will put that extra shine in your stay!!!

Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#2 of 10 in Jacksonville Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 775 reviews
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#1 of 10 in Jacksonville Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 380 reviews
Courtyard Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard Jacksonville Beach Oce...
#5 of 10 in Jacksonville Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 377 reviews
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonvil...
#3 of 10 in Jacksonville Beach
Seahorse Oceanfront Inn
Seahorse Oceanfront Inn
#1 of 2 in Neptune Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 119 reviews

Been to One Ocean Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!