“Courteous staff; rooms adequate; breakfast very low quality” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1317 S. Orange Blossom Trail, Apopka, FL 32703 (Formerly Howard Johnson Express Inn - Apopka)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Apopka
Savannah, Georgia
“Courteous staff; rooms adequate; breakfast very low quality”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Check-in went smoothly; desk clerk (maybe the owner/manager?) was polite. This property seems to be frequented by contractors/laborers temporarily working in the town. Room was typical small motel feel; no frills, but a decent place to sleep for the night. Breakfast was the low point of our stay. Basically cheap brand snack cakes.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Altamonte Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed here for my vacation time of 2 weeks. The room was nice and clean. The staff is friendly, helpful and quick to take care of any needs you may have. The hotel is quiet and a little out of the way but has easy access to shopping and restaurants.

Room Tip: The rooms are all about equal. This is a nice quiet place to stay.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My family and I stayed here for a baseball tournament, the staff is outgoing and courteous, rooms are clean and they have a nice pool that we could relax in. Not much in terms of the continental breakfast, however, good for a donut and juice or cereal.I have stayed at several rodeway inn's and found this hotel to be right up there with the best of them.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Orlando
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

this hotel was disgusting! one of the dirtiest rooms I have ever stayed in! drug dealing going on downstairs, people up all night! If it wasn't a free night using my points I would have demanded my money back! STAY AWAY!!!!!

Room Tip: no rooms here at all!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My family of 5 stayed here for a Saturday night in early May. The hotel is dated, but the room was clean. We all slept fine. The price was great. We booked through hotels dot com, but could have saved more by booking direct.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My Husband and I were born and raised in Orlando, we moved to Tennessee in 2009, we are truck drivers and stay in several hotels, we had a load that delivered in orlando, so we stayed at this hotel, it was one night, but it was the LAST, it might look good on the outside, but the inside was NASTY! the rooms smelled horrible, the carpet was so dirty, that the bottom of our feet were black from walking on it, and that is NO joke, the bed was VERY hard, the pillows were hard, the shower was nasty, we will NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!!! and I wouldnt recommend this craptel to anyone!! and the hotel clerk doesnt care. STAY AWAY!! p.s. we would have been more comfortable in our semi truck.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
RodwayApopka, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
I am sorry you had a bad experience at our hotel and want to thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. I am also very sorry to hear you thought our hotel clerk didn’t care about your stay because customer service is something we have always excelled in. Again, I appreciate the time you took to discuss your stay. Thank you.
Hattiesburg, MS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Visited this property over the Easter weekend. I was told on the phone that improvements had been made to the property since the name change. I did see that a little paint had been put on some of the the walls, but other than that the place is the same. 1. All dooors open to the outside, no interior corridors here. 2. Rooms are average size. 3. Dont go in the bathroom the wrong way, if you do, you won't be able to close the door because it is so small. 4. Non-smoking rooms smell like smoke. 5. Beds are soft and uncomfortable. 5. Rooms do have a microwave, refrig, old tv with limited channels. 6. Wi-Fi connection is good, once you figure it out. Front desk staff is definitely not computer technicians. 7. Towels are thin and some are odd colored. 8. Sheets are not 300 thread count, but they were clean. The key to getting clean sheets everyday is to take them off the bed yourself. 9. Comforters are cheap, but workable. 10. If coffee, little debbie cakes, hard apples, cold cereal, small oranges (small oranges in FL, really!), are your foods of choice then this is the breakfast spot. No sausage, bacon, eggs, oatmeal, grits, or toast at this location. That's at Chuck Wagon restaurant on Main street in Apopka. The staff is accommodating and will bring extra towels, since they only put two towels to a room that will accommodate four people.
I keep going back because I travel with someone who wants to stay in that area. For the area, the price is not bad. The person that I travel with likes the hotel for convenience and the fact that they can book a smoking room. I always ask for non-smoking for myself, but you can tell that someone probably slipped up and smoked in it. Since we can get two rooms for almost the price of one at some of the other locations, we keep choosing this place.
Be careful when exiting the propety and getting on Hwy 441 going south especially. The traffic is really bad. We witnessed a very bad accident while we were there. There is no traffic light exiting the hotel, so you have to be very careful especially if you are not familiar with the area.
I will probably stay here again because of the party that I will be traveling with. If you decide to stay here, just understand that it is an old property with nice people who try to keep their prices low as well as control their overhead. The property is very clean outside because most of the people "living" on the bottom floor of the hotel are employees of the hotel. By the way, there are no elevators to the second floor, so get ready to climb. The good thing is that it is only two stories. I will say that I was there in December 2011 (Howard Johnson's at that time), the same people were working the front desk, some of maid service and maintenance in March of 2013. So they don't have a lot of turnover in employees.
The property does appear to be very secure.

Room Tip: See if they have a handicapped room, it may be larger.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
What a wonderful response to your stay with us. You are so kind to take the time and write such a thorough review. It seems to be a mixed review as I read it but you have definitely given us some good suggestions on areas to improve. Unfortunately, some of the items you mentioned are not things we can personally fix such as the highway but I sure do appreciate you stating that as I too have noticed this and this can help with the safety of future guests. I hope that if you do return you will continue to see improvements inside our rooms.

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!