“Tacos on the run..” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Alberta
“Tacos on the run..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Tex-Mex yumminess in a super low key environment. It is a sit down restaurant as well as takeaway restaurant. Definitely on the casual side of dining, as you order up at the front and seat yourself. However, the food comes out blazingly fast in heaping portions and is very tasty and fresh. Do try the guac.. sooo yummy! The wait staff are very attentive and are quick to keep your drink replenished. We rather liked the wall of hot sauce where you will find a plethora of hot sauces ranging from mild to mind bendingly hot. If you are looking for an inexpensive and tasty Tex-Mex meal this is a great option.

This is an especially great option for the oft harried parent coming out of one of the disney parks as it is most definitely family friendly!

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
TijuanaFlats, Public Relations Manager at Tijuana Flats, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you, @CaminoGirl! We're pleased to hear you enjoy the food,service and hot sauces, and hope you keep coming back! :)

winter garden, fl
“Best Tex-Mex ever.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

I chose to review this location because this is the one that set me on a long and terrible addiction to this amazing Mexican inspired food.
I will never forget the first time I was invited to the Flats of Tijuana for an adventure my taste buds will never forget. It all started with a beef chimichanga with extra jalapenos and my first unforgettable trip to the sauce bar.
"Warning keep children away," is the type of sign that will get your attention when facing a sauce bar. If that doesn't get your attention then the names like "Smack My A** and Call me Sally," and "Lizard Spit" sure will.
Of course I was told by the friend who brought me that upon first visit I had to try the Endorphin Rush hot sauce. This would be the one to the far right of a bar that goes from sweetest on the left to hottest on the right.
She neglected to inform me that you should only use a little as I drowned the nacho in it. Keep in mind this is a tradition I have carried on with my Friends since. I've even watched some of them throw up....wimps. Oh quick note, if you do try the hotter sauces do not touch your eyes for about a week. Soap and water just don't cut it. I cried a little.
Over the years I have tried most of the products they offer and have yet to be disappointed. I prefer the Chimichangas (or Chimi's in TF terms) the Burritos, Tacos, Ultimate Nacho, and the new cheesy tacos. You can't go wrong.
Now even though I love spicy food since Cheyenne eggs were a household favorite growing up, this does not mean everything is spicy. If you are a milder type of person then simply ask them to hold the jalapenos, and stick to the left of the sauce bar. Try the smack my sweet a** and call me Sally sauce.
The atmosphere is great. The walls are decked with pictures that look as if a tattoo artist wrote a comic book, blew up the picture and stuck it too a wall. They sell different types of beer and margaritas, and most locations offer some nice outdoor seating. The staff is young and energetic, and the service is fast. You can even buy the sauces in bottles to take home and hide in your lady's food (muah hah hah.) I recommend the death pack.
I have only two negatives to list. One is the inconsistency of their sweet tea. It can be either good or bad. The other was my billing statements for 2009. In order of where I spent the most money it went 1. Rent 2. Gas 3. Tijuana Flats
It's like crack. I just can't get enough. Woo Hoo for Taco Tuesdays.

Visited April 2012
Thanks Doug for the awesome review! We're happy to hear you're "addicted" to Tijuana Flats and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Winter Garden, Florida
“Great Atmoshere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

You can eat outside on its big patio. Food is always great and service too.

Thank you for the review, Denise! We're glad you love the food and service, and hope to see you soon!
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Love it! The good it great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2007

Love it! The good it great!

Been to Tijuana Flats? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Tijuana Flats, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.