“Good” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

But get ready to wait and its loud and busy all over-If you want a fun time ok but for a nice dinner and conversation its not it

Visited June 2013

Apopka, Florida
“It's Ok...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Garibaldi's has been in my neighborhood for a long time, so obviously they are doing something right. Their food is ok...it's pre-made and heated on the plate, which is ok. I really can't blame them for that; they are always so busy and they keep it moving...Their dishes are still well made and taste good. Their Chips are not fresh and sauce is bought out of the can. I am being a little hard on them because I am married to a Mexican with a family from Mexico. I also lived in Mexico for two years. Not to write that I belong on Food Network or anything but I have a real big sample of great Mexican Food. Most of their guest are local from the US and they obviously cater to that crowd. People really really like this place...which though I try to avoid it I could understand why it's so popular.

However, why the low rating then? Their service, in particular their servers, are not friendly at all. If you come to this place, I dare you to ask for Tortilla's or anything other than what they don't bring to you...like hot sauce. This is not a one time thing...I have come here mostly by invite and always test this and without fail the waiter can't help himself but acted bothered by my request (always). I've been to hundreds of Mexican Restaurants Tortilla's with dinner is not considered an extraordinary request. Side Note: I am pretty low maintenance and never take advantage of free things...dislike people that camp out at buffet's all day. But I also don't like that they expect you to eat what they serve you, quickly, pay and get out.

I had a friend who was with another friend and went their after working on their yard. Because they were looking pretty rough the restaurant decided to add their tip to the bill for two people and gave no explanation...except too bad. They were very disappointed...never returned.

In general you will find that most people like Garibaldi's but I believe in part their success is really a lack of local competition rather than overall good experience...Like I wrote just ok...their attitude is a big distraction for me.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Great service and Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I honeymooned in Cancun, and the food at Garibaldi reminded us so much of authentic Mexican cuisine! The drinks were reasonable and the food was delicious. We received quick and friendly service and our party had a great time. The restaurant offers patio seating as well as indoor, and they have a full bar as well. Seems like it can get very crowded some days, but even though the restaurant was very full our service was outstanding.
They have a few signature dishes, as well as your standard Mexican fare, so there is something here for everyone.

Try the Molcajete - which is an oven baked lava rock bowl full of fajita meat and vegetables. It was delicious!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sweetwater, Florida, United States
“Good Mexican Hot Spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Great food, fair priced. can get CROWDED!! Awesome Margaritas! May have to wait for a table, but once you sit, quick service, and lots to see with crowds and staff, fun busy. Very popular "Meeting spot", occasional "girls night" out meet up, always entertaining! Not a place for a quiet romantic date night however! Fun, good food and drinks.

Visited March 2013
amiableone
“Great AUTHENTIC Mexican Food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Three of us went on a Thursday night. It was packed and with good reason!
We've eaten at many a Mexican restaurant but this is as authentic as it gets, unless you go to Mexico.

A little background: My step-father was a gourmet cook. He cooked authentic Louisiana and Mexican cuisine. I've never had beef enchiladas in ANY restaurant that has come close to his. Garibaldi's got it right!

This place was packed on a Thurs. night. First up, we ordered the crab and spinach dip appetizer, very good, everyone enjoyed it.The chips and salsa were served once we sat down. They were good. I could taste the fresh cilantro.

My husband ordered a large Margarita. It was not as sweet as most Margaritas but the Mexican way isn't loaded with sweet simple syrup or agave syrup. It was the real thing! I noticed there were people ordering pitchers of this golden elixer, at 20.00, a good deal

My husband ordered the Chili rellenos and said "These are the best I've ever eaten." Price: $9.99

My friend ordered the Enchiladas Supremas which is one bean, one cheese, one chicken and one beef. I tried the beef, which is excellent. Price: $8.99

I ordered the Burritos Mexicanos (beef) and I was not disappointed! Two large burritos are $10.99, a bargain and could easily be shared.

Next visit I think I'll get the "Make Your Own Combination" at $8.50 and order the beef burrito and beef enchilada.

The only negative about his place are the crowds but I guess that's to be expected when the food is so good.

I'm glad we live close to this great restaurant. I think we'll go back in the next weekend or two.

• Visited April 2013