“Best restaurant in Apopka” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Back Room Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 105 Restaurants in Apopka
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Welch Rd.
Apopka, Florida
“Best restaurant in Apopka”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

My wife treated my grown grandson and I to dinner at the Back Room Saturday night for our birthday. It was the first visit for all of us but it will surely not be the last. Reservations are definitely recommended since this place is very small with limited seating. Our waitress Wanda provided excellent service throughout the meal. We selected the Ahi Tuna and the Beef Short Rib Eggrolls as appetizers. The tasty eggrolls served with a ginger beer sauce were wonderful. However, the seared Ahi Tuna slices were overpowered by the rather large English cucumber slices they were served on. The minimal sauce provided with this dish seemed rather bland for our tastes but this was the only let-down of the night for us. My grandson raved about his huge serving of shrimp served over fettuccine pasta with a delicious house made vodka sauce. My wife's Chilean sea bass was prepared perfectly and served over a bed of risotto and sautéed spinach - a true melt in your mouth meal. My rib-eye was as good or better than those I've had at many of the other well known high-end steakhouses in the Orlando area and my choice of two sides came with it at no extra charge. The limited wine lists offers good choices at reasonable prices and there is a full bar on site. The restaurant's somewhat austere and tiny dining room located in a strip shopping center may not be the most romantic setting for a special occasion meal. However the quality of the food and the value received merit a 5 star rating in the city of Apopka which has been starving for a fine dining restaurant.

• Visited July 2014

“Steak in APOPKA!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Finally, a restaurant in Apopka that is not bbq, wings or pizza! Steaks are excellent. Service is prompt and professional. A true hidden gem.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“First Class Steaks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

We have eaten at the Back Room Steakhouse 8 or 9 times over the past several months and the food has always been outstanding. Service early on was a little spotty but has definitely improved over the last few months. Make no mistake, make no assumptions due to it's location, this is a steak house with first class Steaks! Yes it is in Apopka, yes it is in a strip mall, and yes it is tied into the Beef Obrady's next door as both restaurants have the same owner. An owner I might add who has done his homework on what a good steak house should be like.
Being tied in next door is actually is a benefit to those who like beer as they have a very good selection of beers both bottled and on tap. They have a full service bar and a modest but good wine list. The stars of this restaurant are the steaks! Melt in your moth rib eyes as good or in most cases better than any chain steakhouse that I have been to and I have been to most of them. The sea bass served on risotto (also quite good) is also very very good. The soups are made fresh and I have tried 5 or 6 of them and all delicious. The calamari, the tomato and mozzarella salad and the scallop appetizers are also very good. Your steak dinners include two sides (mushrooms, risotto, asparagus, and any of the usual potato suspects) are all very good and good size with the large rib eye that comes. The menu is limited but includes pork, chicken, and lamb dishes along with a pasta selection and the steaks and sea bass. The first time I ate here I told the owner he had the best place in town (in Apopka not that hard) but I would now say that it is one of the best places in the entire area. It is small and does fill up fast so make reservations, you can bring in wine for a corking fee, it is not plush and while the entree's are in the 30$ range, your sides are included. Well worth the money and the time to find and for those of us who live in Apopka, we are so happy to finally have a really good place to go have dinner. We have recommended this restaurant to at least 8 or 10 friends and everyone of them are happy they had dinner here.

• Visited May 2014
Orlando, Florida
“This place is EXCELLENT!! Fantastic meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Do not let the location deter you, as it is in a strip mall next to Beef O'Bradys near Welch Road in Apopka. Give them a try as the food here is top drawer and premier quality. It is truly one of the best steaks I have ever had and between work and personal dinners, I have been to A LOT of great steakhouses in the Orlando area and nationwide (Morton's, Ruth Chris, Capital Grille, Christner's, Linda's La Cantina, Eddie V's, Flemmings, Gibson's, Gene & Georgetti's, Harry Caray's, & Stock-Yard to name a few), and this small, unassuming, 30 person restaurant, had truly the most delicious steak I have ever eaten.

They advertise that if you don't think their steak is the best you have ever had, they will refund your money. To date, NO refunds!! In addition to the steak, their menu offers seafood and pasta dishes as well. You won't find tons of choices, but what they serve, they serve extremely well! I suggest you try their house steak sauce - not for the steak - it doesn't need any sauce, but on your baked potato. Delicious. We also had their calamari as our appetizer - it was fantastic - lightly breaded with a delicious marinara and roasted green pepper sauce and sprinkled with fresh feta cheese. I did not have the salad, but the people in our party said the Caesar and house salad were very good. They offered some other interesting appetizers that I would like to try next visit, like Steamed Picante Cabra Dumplings or Scallops over polenta, as well as some unique desert offerings like Salted Caramel Panna Cotta as well as Chocolate Ganache Three Layer Cake, NY Cheesecake and Key Lime Pie.

They also have a full bar and some interesting craft beers on tap. They allow you to bring your own wine for a small corking fee ($15, I think?). Their wine list was small but had some impressive bottles that were not over the top expensive, such as a couple of Duckhorn red options and a Sonoma-Cutrer chardonnay.

I will be back and strongly recommend you give this place a try. I think that when you see the place from the outside, you are suspect - is this really going to be good?? Then you go in, look at the menu & wine list and give it a try and are truly impressed by the high quality food, menu choices, and how well everything was prepared. It is an A+ outstanding restaurant. I can't wait to bring more friends, as this is definitely a local, word of mouth place, that once you go, you'll be back!

Lake Worth, Florida
“WOW...totally impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I read about this place on Trip Advisor...the reviews are accurate. The food is sooooooo good. My husband ordered the Ribeye and I ordered the NY Strip. Both were excellent. The sweet potato fries are simply the BEST. You will not regret your visit to this restaurant.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere