“A Delightful Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Apopka
Melbourne, Florida
“A Delightful Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

This is a great Hampton property. The staff are welcoming and the entire facility is spotless. Great breakfast with a large assortment of hot and cold fare. The standard room we had was typical of Hampton Inns -- large, comfortable, and a great bed. In short, a totally satisfying experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This was a lovely Hampton Inn with a beautiful fish tank in the lobby and a courteous staff. We had a huge room (2 queen suite) on the fourth floor that overlooked the pool. Everything was neat and clean, the beds were soft, and the oatmeal was surprisingly good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Edgewater, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This was a great Hampton Inn and the stay was also great. They had all the amenities like microwave, refrigerator and wi-fi. The beds were very comfortable and the A/C was easy to use. They had an abundance of electrical wall out lets for charging phones and computers. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They had more than one entrance to the building which I like. We stayed there for three straight days and the rooms were clean and tidy. They kept the kitchen and dinning area cleaned and the food and coffee was always their. It was a very quiet stay, no noise.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Redeemed Hhonors points to stay here, only 12,500. I was completely satisfied with my stay here, rooms were clean and comfortable, staff were professional, pool was a blast. If your going to redeem points, this hotel will not disappoint! I've stayed in other hotels that required more double more points that were not as well kept up.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Had to stay 3 days for business. This was an excellent Hampton Inn -- great service, very clean and comfortable -- a cheerful home away from home. The staff was very accomodating and had great attitudes. The room was quiet and very comfortable. There was a great atmosphere in the dining room. Couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Delightful overnight stay! Adorable lobby, with bright ocean them and books/games to share available. Standard Hampton breakfast with hot and cold choices.
Received a larger room at check-in, so not sure about the bulk of the rooms. Nice that the room included an installed night light, but at least in this room, the light was too bright (room configuration seemed to allow it to shine right in eyes, may not be an issue in other rooms). If you like a room that is completely dark, you might tape something over it - worked fine for us.
Fridge and microwave in room - very handy.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jupiter, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

First the good; the hotel is immaculately clean and attractive. This is my only reason to give it 2 stars. The rest of my experience was not good!
I was in charge of booking this hotel for a group of 26 people. A room list was sent and I reconfirmed several times prior to our arrival. One of the guests who was booked for 2 nights was told upon checkin that they did not have a room for him the first night. This was much to my dismay as I had included him for 2 nights on the roomlist. He ended up sharing a room with another person in the group the first night.

Several people in the group called ahead of time to request an early checkin. They were told that they could not be accommdated. However, upon arrival they found out that others just came by early to check in and were able to do so. I guess the answer here is; just do it, don't ask.

We had a very early appointment the first morning, which necessitated leaving the hotel at 5am. I specifically asked the hotel prior to arrival if we could have "to go" breakfast bags ready in the lobby by 5am. I was told the kitchen person does not arrive that early but that they would prepare them the day before. They then asked me to send an email requesting this and also mention this when I checked in. I did both. That morning there were no "to go" bags.

That same morning I attempted to take a shower at 4:30am. The shower faucet did not work, but after some playing around with it I was able to get the water to turn on. However, I could not get it to turn off. I informed the staff that morning at 5am and was informed that as soon as their maintenance person came in they would have it fixed. I came back at 12:30pm. My room had been made up, however the water was still running in the bathtub! Apparently this did not bother the housekeeping staff. When I approched the front desk they acted like they had never been told about the problem. Eventually it was fixed that afternoon.

When I reserved the rooms I sent my Hilton Honors number to the hotel general manager. A week after my stay, I checked my Hilton Honors account. My stay was not credited as they did not input my HH number. Not only that but they also would not give me Hilton Honor event planner points which I have gotten at other Hiton properties when reserving blocks of rooms for business.

At all times the staff was very polite and friendly, however, it almost seemed artificial. I get the feeling that top management is more interested in making a profit than attending to the needs of his customers. Don't get me wrong, I understand making a profit, however, sometimes focusing on the customer and understanding their needs will bring you much more in return.

Needless to say, I will not be using this hotel in the future. I think that I will stay at the Embassy Suites up the road in Altamonte Springs.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando-Apopka? Share your experiences!