“Judge a hotel, by it's covers!” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Apopka
“Judge a hotel, by it's covers!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

Stay started great.. Ended very badly when BLOOD STAINS were found on covers. Very upset and manager Paige very helpful. Housekeeping staff became disgruntled abt covers and paid us back by reporting that a blanket from our room was missing causing a $100 charge. Still no call from GM Al Jamal and no refund. Stay at your own risk.

• Stayed April 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando-Apopka, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear Mdoub,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

I had the opportunity to stay at your hotel. From the moment I called to make reservations I was greeted by the most helpful and professional staff person, Paige was  truly helpful and so cheerful. When I checked in I was treated in the same manner.

Your hotel was very clean and my room was very clean and comfortable! Great breakfast too! I enjoyed my stay, and would certainly recommend this hotel to family and friends.

Stayed April 2012
South Lyon, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

We selected the Holiday Inn Express Apopka because we were visiting family in the Orlando area. Those hotels near Disney are expensive so we were trying to get away from that hype. We were pleasantly surprised by the Holiday Inn Apopka because it was clean, large rooms, comfortable beds, fluffy towels and a great breakfast. We're finding the more we stay in the Holiday Inn Express chain of hotels, the better we like them. They're certainly improving these hotels as the decor in the lobby looked fresh and modern - the carpets were new and the place smelled nice.

I would stay at the Holiday Inn Apopka on my next trip. There are a lot of restaurants and shopping nearby. Plus the relatives are only 15 minutes away. We enjoyed the area and the hotel. We also enjoyed Wikieva Springs which was only a few minutes away as well. I didn't use the pool but didnt' see any leaves or dirt from our room (2nd floor) - maybe it was hard to see?

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Bet Haemek - Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

a modern, clean hotel, on state road 436, not too far from Orlando, lots of shopping and dining opportunities within a 10 minute ride.
Good for a stay on the way to.

Room Tip: all rooms are ok
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012 via mobile

Sitting at pool now. Full of leaves and dirt. Hot tub full of leaves, dirt and dead lizards. Not to mention it is ice cold because they only turn on heat by request. Well... I "requested" yesterday and twice today but still cold. Employee showed up to clean out leaves but gave up after 4 or 5 scoops. We stayed here for the first few days of spring break. Would not stay here again. They have a sister hotel next door which is a Hampton inn. Same owner but they will not allow us to swim in that pool.

• Stayed April 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando-Apopka, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Amazingtwins97,

Thank you for your recent stay, and taking the time to provide feedback. We’re sorry the facilities and accommodations of the hotel were unacceptable. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
IHG Care
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

I was in Apopka Florida for about a week, developing a TV show. I'm usually a loyal Hilton customer, but the Hampton Inn next door didn't have enough rooms available to accommodate our group, so we ended up at Holiday Inn. I wish we hadn't.

The lobby and reception area initially seemed nice enough, with a large breakfast area, large waterfall fountain, and flat screen TVs, but that is where the positives ended.

The room I had smelled like feet, the fridge smelled even worse... like rotten garlic. Every time we opened the fridge, the disgusting garlic smell would mingle with the feet smell in the room and gave me nausea.

The room itself was not at all spacious.. especially for a property essentially in the middle of nowhere, where space shouldn't be an issue, right? I've stayed in bigger rooms in New York City (Hilton Garden Inn 35th St.)

As for breakfast..... the breakfast was pretty disappointing, with tasteless cold "eggs" and bacon. Not even the coffee was drinkable.. it was lukewarm and severely watered down.

Lastly, and most frustrating.. the management was extraordinarily stingy with the business center. I needed to simply print a schedule the night before I had an early morning TV shoot, however the printer was intentionally provided without paper.

I went to the front desk clerk to notify them that the printer lacked paper, and he handed me literally three sheets of paper. I went back to the printer, loaded the three sheets, and found that the toner was so low that what printed was completely illegible.

I returned to the front desk to report that the printer had no toner and that I needed to print something for the following morning, to which they responded that they would replace the toner that evening and assured me that I would be able to print in the morning.

The following morning... I went to the business center, once again found that there was no paper in the printer. Went to the front desk, was handed two sheets of paper, returned to the business center, tried to print my schedule and found that still the toner had not been replaced. I then gave up and went next door to Hampton Inn, where they were kind enough to allow me to borrow their printer after I explained to them I was an HHonors Gold member.

In short: This hotel is run by extremely cheap management, has small, stinky rooms, an inedible "free" breakfast, no functioning business center. Stay only if all other options are exhausted.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando-Apopka, responded to this review, April 21, 2012
RealJ,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Ben J
IHG Care
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

Traveling often for business, I see the good, bad, and ugly sides of the hotels. This place has gotten much better since my last visit and seems to be under new managment. The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly, and my next stay in Apopka will definitley be at the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando-Apopka? Share your experiences!