“Was not impressed” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Orlando, Florida
“Was not impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I had read that Bay Ridge had received some type of foodie award so we were looking forward to it. It let us down. The service was slow to begin with. We were in no hurry but was too slow and had to wait like 20 minutes to get a second drink. The table next to us complained to the manager about their service. They had a pretty good Monday night special going on with some basic rolls/sushi/drinks though. Can't beat $1bud lights and 3 plum wine. I did enjoy the sushi pieces too at $1 a piece. The sushi rolls just didn't do it for us. We are not overly picky either but most the rolls just were not up to what we expected. One roll i could not figure out what I was eating. Maybe if we would have ordered from the main menu and not the specials it might have possibly been different? The mocha ice cream tasted freezer burnt and we could not eat it. Will definitely give it 1 more try just to make sure it wasn't an off night.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Longwood
“I luv asian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I like there hibachi it's really good. My favorite place. Nice place and good food. I like Apopka better.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“This place is a contradiction in terms. Good food, lousy service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We ate here with family and friends for the second time this year, having the same experience both times: very good food with terrible service. The issue is especially evident on weekends. The owner does not allow the manager to staff more than 2 servers and one chef on weekend nights, which leaves 40 tables at peak dining times woefully understaffed. 2 sushi chefs are rolling, but there is only one chef cooking in the back. We waited 1 hour and 20 minutes for our dinner and when it arrived, my hibachi stake and salmon were cold, as was my wife's vegetable tempura. To top it off, my son's tempura chicken didn't show up for another 20 minutes. I sent my dinner back and it took another 20 minutes to get a hot meal. The manager apologized, but did not offer to comp or discount the dinner, instead pleading his case that he's doing the best he can, putting in more than 70 hours per week and complaining to an indifferent owner. I get it, but 2 hours for hibachi food is ridiculous. This sentiment was echoed by no fewer than 4 tables complaining about the same issue to a hapless manager.

Per the restaurant manager, the best time to come to Bayridge is during the week when they're not slammed. Avoid weekends at all costs.

As far as the quality of the food, it's actually very good. Not a complaint about a morsel of anything, except that the kitchen is so overwhelmed that by the time you get your meal, it may be cold. We won't be back on a weekend for sure. Maybe we'll return for one last shot on a weeknight, but if we have to wait 2 hours again, we're done.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Nothing to return for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We ordered about 10 rolls, seaweed salad, kani salad, kaki kani, and miso. It was all mediocre. The best thing was the Allison roll on the special board. It was actually yummy. The rest was no better then grocery store sushi. It wasn't disgusting just nothing to brag about. I wouldn't return. Service was great

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sweetwater, Florida, United States
“Nice, Clean, variety and value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

"All you can eat Sushi" $20! Great deal, make sure you eat all you order though, or they will charge you for the remainder at "roll" price! Great variety for regular dinners, sushi, sashimi, and some other cooked dishes. Nice atmosphere, relaxed and comfortable. Gets crowded on the weekends! Great for "take out" also. Beer and wine.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Bay Ridge Sushi? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Bay Ridge Sushi, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.