“Never again.....” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Tallahassee, Florida
“Never again.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

My family and I come to Apalachicola a couple of times a year, someone recommended this place. Service was slow, ordered the peel and at JUMBO shrimp. NOT so jumbo, they were little and tasteless. We had those for an appetizer. And then decided to leave. If appetizer was not very good, who says the food was. We went to our favorite Caroline's.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Alpharetta, Georgia
“Fried oysters and Shrimp -- I'm in heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

First, this is your basic, bare-bones fish house dining... but oh, man, was it good! I had fried shrimp and oysters, which were absolutely delicious. The first bite of fried oyster and I thought I was in Heaven. My husband had grilled grouper, which he said was excellent. The bill, including three bottled beers, was about $55, not including tip. The enclosed porch dining room overlooks the entance from a marina to the river and a scenic marsh. We watched a big boat dock so the boaters could come in to eat. There were several day trip fishing boats docked in the marina... Nice to see. The downside is the restaurant atmosphere... concrete block and hard surfaces, so noise level is very LOUD! Like I said, it's bare bones in atmosphere. There is also an indoor dining room and a bar. The service was very good. Looked like lots of local folks eat here.

Visited May 2013
“The locals favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

After a bad experience at Boss O, we each, 13, had a delicious seafood dinner. The server was very nice and had no problem with separating our checks (7). The atmosphere was very friendly. I can see why Papa Joe's is a local favorite. The view was a bonus, with boats going back and forth. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to a friend. Delicious!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Macon, Georgia
“We Loved It Enough To Go Twice (45 minute drive)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This place is perfect for budget conscious folks. The food and service is fantastic. The Grouper finger basket and the shrimp basket are simply AMAZING! It was so wonderful we traveled that week over there twice...45 minutes each way! I will have to say that I wasn't that thrilled over the oysters...too much cheese on the variety platter. Both visits we sat by the windows and watched the boats drive by us. It is also across from a marshy area and you would see occasional gators in the grass. It is fascinating for the kids and their menu is reasonable and delicious, too. Service was great even during the crowded Spring Break Week.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“Interesting place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We had to wait about 10 min. to be seated even though you could see plenty of open tables. Maybe under staffed. Once seated we were pleased with the service. I ate the best Grouper I've ever eaten. I also had the steamed oysters that were good. The atmosphere is a throwback to the 60's. There are no frills at this place. Will be back to Papa Joes on our next visit.

Visited April 2013