“Great food in a serene setting in quaint town” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 27 Restaurants in Apalachicola
Cuisines: Seafood
Batesville, Arkansas
“Great food in a serene setting in quaint town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

We recently visited this area and this restaurant was recommended to us by my parents who had eaten there on their 25th wedding anniversary. I'm not a big seafood person, but my husband is. I enjoyed sharing the sampler with him. He said it was a great deal for the amount of food, variety, and freshness. I loved sitting out on the screened in porch/dining area and we went at a time when we had it to ourselves. The tables are dressed with adorable settings and lavender cloths. This is definitely a place for seafood lovers or a little romantic meal! :)

Shamong, New Jersey
“A really great breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

My wife, sister, and brother in-law were staying at the Apalachicola River Inn and received breakfast vouchers at Carolines. We ate there two times and both times thoroughly enjoyed it. It overlooks the bay and there is outdoor seating available. Our waitress, Charlotte, was excellent. She was fast, friendly, and very helpful! Because they were the free breakfast vouchers, we got a separate menu, but it had just about anything you could want for breakfast on it. The portions are huge! The ham steak had to be 8oz and the the bacon thick sliced and crispy. The eggs were cooked perfectly to order and the french Toast and pancakes plentiful and very tasty. The home fries were excellent. My favorite was the Oyster Omlet which was beyond excellent.... chock full of baked oysters and more.....wow for oyster lovers! The biscuits are giant and really good. The coffee is really good and the bottomless cup includes a cup to go! I glanced at the regular breakfast menu and it has some selections that you will not see anywhere else. probably one of the best breakfast places I have ever been to. Highly recommend!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Albany, Georgia
“awesom breakfest and service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

my family and i ate at caroline's river dining and it was awesom... we were greated at the door and sat right away outside on the water. our watress was Niki and she was great. friendley and we really enjoyed it. the service was great and so was the food. we loved how big the pancakes were. ive never seen a pancake that was as big as the plate we will be back!!!!

Visited August 2011
Indian Mound, Tennessee
“Great experienice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Service was excellent, they didn't hover around every few seconds hoping for the big tip, but your glass wouldn't get empty either. Great food and ambiance. I recommended my son take his wife before we leave.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Thumbs Up - Great Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

Back to Caroline's again on this trip to St. George Island (a great place to vacation). Had a wonderful dinner, great ambience (I call it "casual elegance") (They have real tablecloths!). Seriously - We think it is one of the best restaurants in the area (Apalachicola, etc.). They even have dockage to cater to the boating crowd. They have a screened outdoor dockside dining gazebo, but in this heat we chose the inside dining room. They have great seafood gumbo and an assortment of oyster dinner choices as well as the other seafood specialties. Better dinners and better prices than out on St. George Island, and also located right next to the Boss Oyster restaurant - which ain't bad either.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere