“Oyster Po'Boy” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Apalachicola
Cuisines: American
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
“Oyster Po'Boy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

Fresh from the bay oysters. Husband loved the seafood jambalaya. Located in beautiful building in historic downtown.

“Absolutely INCREDIBLE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

My fiancé and I visited for lunch, it's a 30 min drive from port st joe but after reading reviews we made the drive. Eating at a beautiful restaurant overlooking apalachicola. I ordered crab stuffed shrimp over basmati rice with a lobster cream sauce and house salad. It was beyond my expectations and was delicious. The house vinagerette is to die for! My fiancé ordered the cobia, which is hard to find around here. Our bill was $37 for an outstanding lunch. The views were gorgeous, we sat next to the window. Our food came out timely. I have attached photos.

Mateo was our server and was extremely knowledgable about the menu. Our drinks never got half way to empty and he was a great server! We will be back.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“We Loved It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

We ate here twice; once for lunch and then for dinner on our last night of vacation at St George Island. We really loved it. Our servers both times were great! At the lunch visit, we ordered a cup of crab dip with pita chips and it was so great, we ordered it again when we came back for dinner. There are several nice things on this menu; for lunch, my husband ordered the cheeseburger and a salad with sesame ginger dressing, which was so very good. He ordered the angel hair pasta with chicken for dinner, which he said was really outstanding. I ordered the fried shrimp for lunch and for dinner, I tried the red snapper, which was a special, and oh my...perfection. Great wine list and good dessert menu. Chocolate mousse cake was very nice. This would be a good place for a romantic dinner, complete with real table linens, and nice decor. There is a note on the menu about keeping small guests quiet and in their seats, so we took a few trips up and down the stairs with our two year old granddaughter. This restaurant is upstairs, but there is an elevator. Downstairs is a kitchen store, which is also nice, but it closes early. We did make a reservation for our dinner, and it was a good thing that we did.

Rome, Georgia
“Fabulous food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Great place to dine and it is obvious why the Owl is rated #1 in the area. The menu has much to offer for all but there are also nightly specials. Kudo's to the owner of this establshment, managers, chef's, wait staff and all others working here. Fabulous food and great service. We were vacationers at St. George and after our first visit to the Owl, opted to return due to the unavailabity of fresh seafood at restuarants on the island.

Valdosta, Georgia
“Great ending to a perfect day at St. George Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

The Owl Café in Apalachicola is now one of our favorites! I had the chicken marsala while my husband had the snapper and they were both great. Poppy seed dressing on my salad was also delicious. Our waitress was great. It was a very good dining experience and one that we will do again when we return to Apalachicola! Don't forget to visit Bickle Photography Studio while you're there!