“Great Place!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Kennesaw, Georgia
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

It was my first time dining at tamara's cafe and it was absolutely wonderful. The food was great. I went with large group and every person enjoyed their meal. Desert was also good. I will definitely be going back next time I'm in Apalachicola.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Tallahassee
“No Bugs in Anybody's Coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

We had brunch the same time this previous review was there. Our experience was great, as always, and this previous review were drunk when they arrived and we overheard them speaking about a bug so they could get a free meal. Tamara's is one of our favorite spots and always will be. Keep up the good work guys.

Gainesville, Florida
“Awful experience, bad service, food was bad and bugs in my coffee!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

I would absolutely not recommend this place. We were looking for a Sunday brunch and came upon this place. We seated ourselves, the two things we ordered they didn't have, it took forever to get food then when we did it was all wrong, my best friend had to go get her own butter and syrup, they had no coffee brewed ... After 10 mins we got coffee and bugs were floating in one!! Even the checks were wrong! Absolutely horrible, def do not go here!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Marietta, Georgia
“Not up to its usual”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

Have been visting Tamara's for years, but the twice this summer it wasn't up to par, either in service or food. The last time we went, we took some friends that have heard us talk about how good the food was; that the Atlanta AJC had previously written a good article about the place. We ordered four different entrees at our table and not one had an flavor. My dish was actually cold. My boyfriend and I usually clean our plates, but not this time. We were very, very disappointed. There are other good restaurants in the area, so Tamara's needs to stay up tp par.

Tallahassee, Florida, USA
“Quite good food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

My boyfriend and I were quite surprised by this little seemingly-hole-in-the-wall cafe. When you walk in, it's like a breath of fresh air- the place is modern verus the old feel of the town and the staff is eager to please and welcome you.

I tried the Mango Sweet Tea to drink and it was different, I had two glasses but requested an unsweet tea after that-- too much sugar and I'm already sweet enough! :-) For lunch I had the Cajun Pasta and it was AMAZING-- it was pasta with a creamy tomato sauce with chicken, sausage and huge Gulf shrimp topped with shaved parmesan. I can honestly say it's probably the best pasta I've had in a LONG time-- and I've had my share of pasta! My boyfriend had the special of the day, which was a Taco Salad and it was really quite tasty as well. It was served in fried tortilla shell and had lettuce, tomato, rice, steak, beans and some sort of vinegarette (I think...) dressing and you wouldn't think that the hot rice and beans would mesh well, but man... it was a welcome surprise to the palate!

Overall, I would say this is one of the best places we visited in Apalachicola and the surrounding area, and we visited quite a few-- certainly worth the money.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere