“Better than some of the reviews would have you think” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Latin, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Tallahassee, Florida
“Better than some of the reviews would have you think”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband and I have eaten at Tamara's between 5 and 10 times over the last several years. I believe the food is better than recent reviews would have one think. On the other hand, a few years ago the pecan crusted grouper had an incredible pecan crust - now not so much. My husband's very happy with his paella (a la Venezuela). We ate lunch there a couple of months ago and I was very happy with the chicken wrap. Actually to call it a chicken wrap is somewhat akin to calling the World Series a game. Dinner is pricey, but if you're heading to Apalach, try it for lunch first if you're not sure

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Georgia
“Nice, but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

The ambience is there if you can tolerate the noise level. We were there on Tuesday night maybe 7 tables and it was very loud. The crab cake appetizer and the caesar salad that we shared was very good. Our fish entrees and the sides were fair. My husband has pecan crusted grouper that looked deep fried. My flounder was lightly fried but no taste until you put tabassco on it and then it tasted like tabassco. Waitress was good. You are not missing anything if you don't eat here.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Homosassa, Florida
“Just average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We read the reviews and menu and truly thought that this would be a excellent lunch. Staff was pleasant. It was not crowded. Food came quickly. But it was just really OK. I expected much more in the way of flavor. I had black beans and yellow rice with a house salad. Beans were without any character, yellow rice just dull and salad was from a premix bag. Our son had a grouper sandwich which he said was ok but not special and my husband had fried oysters with jalapeno sauce. That sounded exciting and was also just ok.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't go wrong”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I seriously love this place - but my favorite is the Cuban fried pork plate with plantains, rice and beans. Such a great combination of flavors. They always have great specials, the prices aren't bad, and the setting is great.

Visited April 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Latin Flare in Florida”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We were shopping around in downtown Appalachicola during a family vacation and happened upon this great little restaurant. You would almost miss it if you weren't looking for it because it was tucked away on the corner of Market street. Service was a little slow at first but then the waitress was spot on in making our dining experience pleasant. Lunch specials were great and for the low price the food portions were huge! I ordered the Chicken Quesadilla and it tasted fresh and was served with homemade tortilla chips and pico de gallo. The quesadilla was so big that it was enough to feed 2 people! Average lunch price not including tip was - $8-10 per person. Dress is very casual and the cafe had outdoor seating as well. Great cafe for people of all ages. The atmosphere inside was very inviting and cozy. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone in the area. Great Latin flare at an affordable price right in the heart of Appalachicola, Florida.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere