“Good food, good drinks, dog friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Oyster Bar
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night
Panama City, Panama
“Good food, good drinks, dog friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The title says it all for me. But I'll go on. I was attacted by the notation in the guidebook that Up the Creek was pet-friendly. Our little Boston Terrier doesn't go everywhere with us, but when she does, I'm looking for a little pet tolerance. We chose a corner picnic table facing the bay. There was enough activity on a Sunday afternoon in October to keep us entertained. We sat from 3 until 4:30. Started with beer and wine and got hungry. The draft beer selection is great - quite a number of microbrews. Anytime I can find Sweetwater 420 on tap, I'm going to get comfortable. When I found steamed clams on the menu, I was in heaven. My wife and I split a 1/4 bag (25) of littlenecks steamed in butter/broth/white wine & herbs, accompanied by fresh bread . They were outstanding. We could have eaten the whole bag. Service was friendly, as was the clientele. It was a nice family atmosphere. We will be back to Apalachicola to do the historical walking tour and I plan to stop here for drinks and a meal again.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Mount Dora, Florida
“Great seafood and a great view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stopped here on our way through town and the food was incredible. We had the Mediterranean Oysters made with Caper Tapenade. The Grilled Shrimp were huge and cook to perfection. And can't forget the Gumbo, so good. Then we ate facing the Apalachicola Bay, beautiful. You order at the counter and they bring your food to you, so kind of a neat place too. This is a must stop when in Apalachicola.

Fort walton Beach, FL
“Great lunch spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch at Up the Creek. The food was great (including the oysters) and the service even better. We'll definitely be back.

Visited October 2013
Orlando, Florida
“GOOD FOOD BUT ......”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

The food in this restaurant was delicious, however, ordering at the counter was a nightmare and it was like a "bun fight" at the salad bar.

Visited October 2013
Crawfordville, Florida
“Only had chips and beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We went on a recommendation from our daughter to this place a little ways from downtown Appalach. It's upstairs with a view of boats and river. Staff was super helpful and friendly. We only ordered their chips and beer since it was snack time, but we truly enjoyed it. Chips were fantastic and beer was draft and cold. We will definitely return on our next trip.

• Visited August 2013