“Quaint” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Anna Maria Beach Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anna Maria
Anna Maria Beach Cottages
You added Anna Maria Beach Cottages to your Saves list
112 Oak Ave., Anna Maria, Anna Maria Island, FL 34216   |
Florida
“Quaint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

My husband and I stayed here in Oct. of 2008. Very clean and loved the location. We had everything we needed for the kitchen and they even provide an outdoor grill. The beach was amazing and the weather even more so. The shells on the beach were in abundance. We even met some of the locals and walked the beach with them while we talked. Had a great time.

The only complaint was that the bed was very hard and we had trouble with the TV, which the weekend manager seemed to care less if it worked or not. We are TV people at night and like to watch a good movie or catch the news.

Other than that the place is great and very clean and I would go back in a heartbeat. I would however check on the TV and bring extra padding for the bed, and yes I would recommed it to anyone who is looking for peace and quiet on the beach.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
fall river, ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2008

My wife and I lived about 6 blocks south of these cottages for several years in the late 1990's. We can't get the salt air and peaceful ambiance out of our psyche and return frequently. Our last two weekly visits were at the "Cottages", in Nov 2006 and 2008. You couldn't ask for more, meticulously clean, friendly and accommodative staff...delightful cottages fifty yards from a scenic pristine beach you'll never forget. Hats off to Anna maria!

• Liked — location and quiet beach
  • Disliked — 1200 miles away
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2008

We researched the entire island in terms of location, price and atmosphere.

Anna Maria Beach Cottages was the best for our family. The proximity to the beach was most ideal with kids for unexpected rain showers, potty breaks or just running back quickly for a forgotten item. We considered other rentals a few blocks in and were glad we paid a little more to be so close to the beach.

Our cottage (#112) was cozy yet roomy for all 5 of us. We even had an empty bed in the 3rd bedroom. The beach decor was charming and perfect for that 'old Florida' feel.

The management was very warm and hospitable. Kit, Lynn and Deane do a fine job making sure you're taken care of. We have already recommended the cottages to others and will not hesitate to stay there again for future visits.

Anna Maria Beach Cottages made our first stay on the island a very memorable one!

• Liked — Location and Cottages
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2008

If you want to disappear from your busy life this is the perfect place. My husband and I stayed in a one bedroom on the ground floor that was perfect. Steps from the beach, right next to the pool, bikes, great little shops and restaurants nearby. You cannot find a better place to make the world go away. There is so much to do and see or the place is so quiet an afternoon nap is no problem. The staff is wonderful and only appears if you need them. The room was more than clean and comfortable, had cable TV, VCR with movies to borrow from the office, full kitchen, private outside table and a shower the wash off the beach. What more could one ask for. We stayed a week but wanted to turn it into a month or more. We will be back and recommend it to all our friends. This is old Florida but with all the amenities. We have never found anything like it.

• Liked — Quiet and Clean
  • Disliked — Deciding what to do, see the sites or take a nap.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Seffner, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2008

This was our fourth time staying at AMBC, a couple times with just our son who is now 4 and this time with both our son and daughter who is 2. They had so much fun at the beach. The water was beautiful, clear and refreshing and fortunately during the day was not wavy enough to knock over the small kids. The cottages are so cute, very clean and nicely equipped - we ate most of our meals in the unit. The weather couldn't have been better. There is a free trolley that runs down Gulf Drive that periodically makes stops for shopping etc. We stopped for ice cream. Also, the popular Sand Bar restaurant is within walking distance of AMBC. Contrary to what the couple had to say about the management in the previous review , we found them to be very hospitable and helpful. They showed us the other cottages, as we plan on staying again in October for a fishing trip, and they had fun with our kids and satisfied all our requests.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
Kansas City MO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2008

Oh my Gosh! We rented a 1 BR 1 BA cottage on the second floor. Maybe the other units are better???????

The unit was clean and well maintained; however the BED was the WORST we've ever slept on....soooooo soft it felt like an airbed, and covered with a vinyl slipcover so it squeaked every time you turned over...which was a lot!

The unit was sooooooooooo smaill there was NO WHERE to put a suitcase, so we had to lay them out on the family room floor and step over them.

The couch was sooooooooooooo uncomfortable to sit on or lay on (one of those wicker ones with thin cushions).

In four days we never got clean sheets or towels, and the first morning had unexpected "guests", some men who unlocked our door and started to walk in while we were still in bed! (Still don't know what they were doing!)

Honestly I am NOT high-maintenance but have never had my expectations so dashed. Good Luck!

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — Uncomfortable BED and Couch, no room for suitcases :(
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2008

My wife, 3 young kids and I have travelled to AMB Cottages twice in last 3 years, for week long stays. Nothing changed from the first time we vacationed there, other than the original owners (Nigel and Maggie, if I remember correctly) were not there anymore the second time (Nov, 2007). Too bad: they were a very nice people and great hosts. AMBC is very clean, perfect for young families with young kids. The beach is quiet, the ocean is usually calm. A great place for a low key, very relaxing, safe vacation (Watch out for the sting rays though! Do the SR shuffle. A good sting ray barb hurts a ton... until you put the affected area in very hot water). Grocery store is close by. Nice little ice cream shops and restaurants. Walk to beach from cottages. Cottages are very clean. Most cottages have private terrase with table and chairs and an outdoor shower to rinse off after beach. ANB is the nicest beach I have ever been to (better than many others I have been to - Cuba's, the Dominican's, Jamaica's, Maine's, Rhode Island's, other Forida beaches, etc...)

The issue we had this time around (and it is enough to detract us from staying at AMB Cottages again) was after we left. It is petty, but petty enough for my wife and I, both professionals, working for large international corporations and owning our own multi-site retail company, not to bother with the current owners/managers again. Upon our return to Canada, we were accused via email of leaving the place untidy and with some small damage. By untidy, we were told that some of the dishes were not clean and that one side of the stove was dirty (the side on which the kitchen garbage pail rested on...so its kind of reasonable that there may be a smudge or two as tranfer from the garbage.) We ran the dishwasher before leaving and placed as much as we could back in its original place. Dishes were not dirty. Having both extensively travelled worlwide for business, we left the place like we would leave a hotel room - the beds were not made, and the towels were resting on the floor next to the bath, but the rest was claned up, garbage emptied, dishes and counter clean. In addition, we (actually our kids) were accused of leaving a small marker spot on one of the bed covers... which seems difficult to do when the kids did not bring any (pen, pencil, marker, paint) writing implements. Actually we brought no toys as we knew there are games, videos and beach toys available at AMBC.) And finally, the managers also accused us of scratching the wall behind one bed leg (a scratch I saw was there when I brought the two single beds together the first night so that my kids could sleep as in one large bed.)

Again, this sound petty and the $100 extra charge they put to our credit card is no skin off our back. But the way we were treated when we asked for an explanition, and after spending more than $1,300 for 6 nights of stay, just got the best of my wife and I. To be told, as a guest, via an email from the managers that "we are very disappointed with you" was a joke. I asked to be called back and they never returned my call. I also asked them to put me through to the owner of the cottage but they never did.

Would I rwecommend AM Beech as a destination for a relaxing vacation by the beach? Definitely. Would I recommend AMB Cottages. Yes...but... the current management team severely lacks professionalism and customer relationship management skills.

Regards,
Christian

• Liked — Quite and clean
  • Disliked — Managers' professionalism and service
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Anna Maria Beach Cottages? Share your experiences!