“A Vacationer's Paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunrise Garden Resort

Save Saved
You added Sunrise Garden Resort to your Saves list
Sunrise Garden Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   512 Spring St, Anna Maria, Anna Maria Island, FL 34216   |
Offers & Announcements
Stay 1 Get 1 1/2 Off!
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Anna Maria
Birmingham, Alabama
“A Vacationer's Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I recently stayed a week at Sunrise Gardens and it was spectacular! This was a girls week getaway and we had a very relaxing and enjoyable experience. The room/bathroom was very spacious with a King size bed and a comfy couch in the living room for movie watching. The kitchen had all the basics needed so we could cook every night. Also, the pool was spectacular! Very tranquil and peaceful-perfect for the tanning and book reading combination. You can walk to the beach as well as many local restaurants. Biking the island is also an option- very fun if you want to get active for a bit. What I enjoyed most about this resort is the attitude. As a customer, I knew they wanted me to be comfortable and went to great lengths to make sure of this. I will definitely be going back for another getaway. It was a wonderfully pleasant experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Bloomington, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

This was the most wonderful place to stay! ! It is gorgeous & you feel so secluded anywhere on the property. There is a beautiful pool - the largest on the island. Cookout/grill/picnic area. Each room/bungalow has it's own private patio w/ table & chairs as well. Only a block or two from the beach on one side & a few blocks to the beach on the other side. Gorgeous area all around the resort. You can walk to anywhere you might need or want to go on that end of the island. They have the most gracious staff that can help w/ any needs or questions. Loved our time @ Sunrise Garden & fully intend to go back. Have been telling all our friends about this hidden treasure!

Room Tip: Have all sorts & sizes of rooms to suit your needs !
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

My girlfriend and I enjoyed our one night stay there in April of this past year.. Friendly staff and a great private room to make you feel like you were actually part of the island.. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a pleasant stay on AMI.. The pool was also a nice size and the surrounding trees made the view spectacular..

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I have stayed at Sunrise a few times now and am never disappointed. From the staff to the location and amenities, all are top notch. The pool area and the rooms are always clean. My family and I love staying here any time we need a some beach time! Sunrise is a great place to unwind and relax.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Folsom, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I stayed here early June with 2 adults and 2 children in unit 14.

Pros: Reservations were smooth and all the staff are super friendly and helpful. I loved Anna Maria island, walking distance to many places and honestly the beach was much nicer at the end of Spring street than Holmes or Bradenton so a great location. Loved eating at the Sandbar. It seemed to be the more quiet end of the island and loved it. Appreciated the clean pool and toys to share. Was always quiet and with other respectful guests. Barbeques and tables to share. I felt it was safe and a family environment location.

Cons: Our unit didn't work well for us. The unit had mostly carpet instead of tile (I thought it would be tile after looking at the website pics, but not all the units do). The carpet was gross and old, our feet turned black after walking on it for a few minutes. The sofa bed was older and not comfortable even for my 4 year old. Each night I had him fall asleep in our bed and then I transferred him to sleep on the floor with a few towels or try to put him back into the sofa. I felt horrible guilty, but not many other options at that point. The other issue is that there is a porch light right outside the living room window so it is very hard to sleep because you can't block out the light, the mini blinds don't block well. It looks like the sun is rising all night long. Not an issue in the bedroom, but is in the living room/sofa area.

I would definitely visit again if it were just the 2 of us or if there was another unit without the light issue. I did mention the light and issues with sleep for our kiddos, hoping they could turn off the light, but they couldn't.

Jenn

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
DeLand, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

First off, our unit, #3, was very clean and the staff was friendly. Some of the amenities such as laundry, computer, and wifi are not found in other hotels or inns. However, our unit was advertised as the smallest unit. Size wise it was ok, but height wise it was not good. My wife hit her head 6 times on the very low roof line. The photos on line also show a full kitchen which turned out to be a coffee pot, microwave, and small refrigerator tucked under the eaves which became a headbanger when used. The bathroom without a/c also had low headroom. We are 5'8 and 6' and saw our chins in the mirror. The outside porch also needed a cleaning. I agree with the reviewer that upgrades are needed to this property, and not the kind a gardener can do.
Our 2 night stay ended up to be a disappointing one night stay. While other units may be nicer and larger, and I'm sure they are, this unit should be advertised with a height restriction, 5 feet and under.

Room Tip: Don't get #3
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
jsromine, Manager at Sunrise Garden Resort, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us. Unfortunately we were unaware that you were disappointed with your room while you were here on property. If we had known we would have done everything in our power to come up with a solution, possibly moving you to another room. We are always available to our guests via our on site office or telephone and are happy to help in any way at all times. When we advertise our units and explain them to guests we do everything we can to make sure our guests know what they are getting. In the description sent via confirmation email to guests who have reserved this unit, it describes the room as "The Crows Nest Studio #3 is our smallest unit, located on the 2nd floor with an A frame ceiling. In this open floor plan studio you will find a queen size bed, standard sofa (not a sleeper sofa), mini refrigerator, toaster, microwave and coffee pot as well as an outdoor patio with table and two chairs. The Crows Nest is perfect for one to two guests". Regarding the photo, I apologize for any confusion this may have caused. In no way would we ever try to mislead someone into thinking a room had a kitchen when it does not. In the 4 years of having our website this is the first time we have heard someone stating they felt misled as we do everything possible to try to make sure this would never happen. We do have many guests who love the Crows Nest so much they will not come unless that specific unit is available. I have personally asked one of them before why this is so and she stated they love the charm along with it being one of the lowest priced units in Anna Maria. We do hope you give Sunrise Garden another try in the future, poolside and garden units have standard height ceilings which would suit you well!
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I have stayed at this Resort 4 times now. It is always clean and well kept. The pool is very nice with the trees and plants around, you get the feeling of being in a very secure, secluded place. But you are actually within walking distance of many restaurants and attractions on the island.
Each unit has it's own secluded patio right outside of the front door, and even Gas Grills to cook on. Pretty much has it all!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Sunrise Garden Resort? Share your experiences!