“Honeymoon Paradise!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunrise Garden Resort

You added Sunrise Garden Resort to your Saves list
Sunrise Garden Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   512 Spring St, Anna Maria, Anna Maria Island, FL 34216   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Anna Maria
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Florence, South Carolina
“Honeymoon Paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

My wife and I stayed for 9 nights and was absolutely blown away! The rooms and service is impeccable! The grounds were well groomed and maintained. The flora and fauna were bright, beautiful and stunning. The location is right where you want to be. Our room was spacious and being on a honeymoon, we enjoyed it. We were able to relax and unwind from all the hectic routines we escaped. We can't say enough wonderful things about our stay and the management in place. Spence, the Property Manager, took care of all our needs! We will be back very soon!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

It may not be right on the beach but it's got a homey feel that can't be beat! Great tropical pool area, a couple blocks to good restaurants and 5 or 6 blocks to the gulf. not a problem with staying around the pool after checkout. Clean and well maintained...we had a great weekend!

• Stayed July 2011
Safety Harbor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

Spense and Jessie have really turned this small family resort in to a gem this year. My husband and I stayed at this same resort 8 years ago and 5 years ago when owned by another couple . We found this place to be a great family find with reasonable rates. Between our prior visit and 2010 the property was had no resident manager and was not well maintained. It got some poor reviews,but now it is back to its pristine feel. Linens were fresh and plentiful. Shower hot and spacious. Kitchen very nicely equipped. Refrigerator clean, in fact the whole place was very clean and fresh smelling . The pool was clean and in use a lot. The grounds quiet after hours for sleep.
Sunrise Gardens is located close to the pier which itself is worth a stroll for a seafood lunch and the Sandtrap Restuarant is w/in walking distance as are many other little shops. I would for sure stay at this place again in the future and highly recoomend this family style resort.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Safety Harbor, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

My wife and I spent 2 days at this lovely family-friendly "resort." More like fully furnished luxo studio apartments that one can feel right at home with living room and full kitchen. Really nice and CLEAN. New owners Spence and Jessie plan to live onsite to ensure top quality experience for all guests. My wife and I plan to return next year for another mini-vacation, and will also tell our family and friends about this tropical jewel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Fieldsboro, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

I was tempted not to review, so I could keep this spectacular secret to myself. But The Sunrise Garden Resort deserves the good word of mouth!

We did a girls-only trip over a long weekend. As far as we are concerned, we want every future girl trip to be at the Sunrise Garden. What a GREAT place. Lovely landscaping. Perfect pool. Just close enough to the beach and the bay, and restaurants and little shops. It felt very private and secluded, while still being in a popular area. The on-site management CANNOT be beat -- friendly, helpful and always ready to address any questions, recommendations to concerns. We absolutely cannot wait to go back and are already comparing calendars to see when we can visit. Don't miss this gem of a place.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Muskego, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

We booked this stay last minute. After looking a several different places on line. The studio room was great, the location of this resort is prefect you are in walking distance to both sides of the island and the beaches. The on site staff of the resort was nice and helpful, the pool area is nice and clean. We were glad that the room had a land line, as our cell service wasn't working on Friday. They were doing some work on the grounds with tree, plants and flowers. I can't wait to go back to see how different the resort looks. The only thing that I didn't like was the laundry area. The washer/dryers weren't super clean but I'm sure that will be changing with the new management team. The When we go back to Anna Maria Island this is the place we'll be staying for sure.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised! We needed a place for a couple of days on the Island for a friends wedding. Family had rented a beach house, and we wanted to be nearby, so we could spend time with family but have our own place. As I started to look for a place near the wedding and beach house. Every place had no availability. I found Sunrise Garden and it was by far the least expensive and only blocks away from our two destinations. We rented the "Crow's Nest," which was the cheapest room. I did not have high expectations. I just wanted a place to lay our heads at night. I was pleasantly surprised. This was a quaint little get away. Very cute and comfortable. My only complaint would be that it only had a wall unit for an air conditioner. It cooled the room fine, but the bathroom was very hot and the window did not have a screen on iy. so if you opened the window, bugs came in,but, if you needed to close the bathroom door it was sweltering in there.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
jsromine, Owner at Sunrise Garden Resort, responded to this review, June 18, 2011
Thanks for your review! We really are thankful you had a pleasant and affordable stay. I would like to clarify that this is the only unit that has a wall unit. The other 14 suites all have central heat and air. This particular unit is a smaller one and therefore is usually fine with the wall unit.

Been to Sunrise Garden Resort? Share your experiences!