“Awful food & terrible service!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood, Sandwiches, Delicatessen
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Bradenton, Florida
“Awful food & terrible service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I live in Bradenton and have been to the Pier before. My daughter is in town and had never been there so I took her there tonight for dinner. It was 8:00 but it's Friday and the place was fairly busy, although not swamped. Waitresses had time to stand around and chat. Our waitress was one of the most rude waitresses I have ever encountered on the island. She barely stood at the table long enough to hear our order. We had coconut shrimp first. I love shrimp and eat it everywhere but had not had it here before. It did not even taste like shrimp. It had a very odd taste to it and we did not finish it. It took the waitress a very long time to come back and then she had an attitude about the fact that we did not like the shrimp. She said she would tell the manager and let him try it and see what he thought. (Why? Because she did not believe me? Obviously, had we liked it we would have eaten it!) I ordered a blackened mahi sandwich for my dinner - something else I order about everywhere I go. It was practically raw. My daughter's food was ok but nothing to get excited about. The waitress took forever to come back to our table and when she saw my plate pushed to the edge of the table and still loaded, she very loudly exclaimed, "What? You don't like this either?! You must be having a bad day - you aren't liking anything today!" Very rude and unprofessional. She then went on to say that her manager ate the shrimp and there was "nothing wrong with it". She was extremely huffy and her attitude was awful. She said the manager was going to come talk to us. He never came. We waited an additional 15 minutes, just sitting there. Ultimately they didn't charge us for the meal, which is great, since we didn't eat it! I will Never go back there again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Tampa, Florida
“Great destination Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Always liked the shrimp here. I mean that is what you come to this restaurant for. Quaint, in the water. You have to walk the pier to get to the restaurant but boy once you do you out out in the water munching on shrimp and having a beer.

Visited June 2012
Dallas
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Food was ok, price was a little high but your paying for the view. Employees seemed to have poor attitude. Glad we ate there but I don't think we will be back.

Visited May 2013
Bolivar, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We went twice this week!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Although the City Pier looks a bit scary, it has tasty food and great views. My husband ordered the King crab legs and I had the fish and chips and fried shrimp dinner. He loved the crab, I thought the fish and chips were a bit bland, but the shrimp were great. We enjoyed watching people land juvenile sharks as we dined.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Holland
“Went here twice during our Anna Maria visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We visited this restaurant twice for their Early Bird meals. The tilapia sandwich is wonderful and also the 25 shrimp dinner. Our servings were generous and well-prepared. The Early Bird drafts were a deal - 2 for $3.00! We had the same waitress both times (Nadine) and she was terrific! The view is fabulous and it's a lot of fun watching the fishermen/women outside the windows. They have outdoor seating, but we enjoyed the dining room - nothing fancy, but enjoyable. Will definitely return if we are ever in this area again!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere