“Enjoy the pier. Avoid the restaurant.” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 20 restaurants in Anna Maria
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Toronto, Canada
“Enjoy the pier. Avoid the restaurant.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Roadside fare at a seaside pub environment. Fish and chips arrived with a coating like on chicken fingers rather than battered. The rest of our group of 5 had fair to poor reviews on their meals, and the most successful was the person who ordered the plainest prep - grilled grouper. Sides - coleslaw, frieds, potatoes -- feh.

Visited December 2012

63% Recommend
Apopka, Florida
“Average food with a good view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Sitting in a windowed dining room at the end of a long fishing pier offers a great view of the bay.The occassional sway of the building is slightly disconcerting however. We tried the fried grouper sandwich in order to compare it against our favorite spot for this treat located up the street (The R&R). The fish was cooked well and tasted fresh. It barely covered the bun it was served on - unlike the R&R grouper sandwich which hangs way over the bun. Lettuce, slices of tomato and red onion were served with the sandwich along with a tartar style sauce. Unlike the R&R, there are no sides included at the City Pier - you have to order them separately for an additional price. Overall we were impressed by the extra large air conditioned dining room with great views but found the grouper sandwich to be less satisfying than our longtime favorite - the R&R - which you can see from the City Pier.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“I know now why it's Number 40”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

A friend and I were looking for a spot to eat dinner one Wednesday night, he suggested the City Pier Restaurant, and I agreed. The restaurant sits off of the beach in the very blue water. You are able to walk around the entire restaurant and even fish off the pier. The walk to the restaurant is very pleasant and nice, just keep an eye on your kids as there is no railing around the pier.

The atmosphere is really nice, try to get a window seat so you can peer out over the water and see the fishermen catching fish. The restaurant does over a spectacular atmosphere.

I got the chicken tender dinner, which came with two sides, I opted for just two servings of french fries. I was disappointed to see no hush puppies on the menu. My friend got the 25 Shrimp basket, which also came with fries and coleslaw, however the restaurant was out of the coleslaw so he too got a double helping of fries. My chicken was horrible. Whatever batter/coating they used on the chicken before they fried it had absolutely no flavor whatsoever. I know that this is not a chicken place, it's a seafood place so I wasn't expecting gourmet chicken tenders, but these were a far cry from delicious. I tried my friend's shrimp, apparently it's the same coating for the chicken and the shrimp because his shrimp were pretty flavorless also. The fries however were delicious.

The service was not great either, granted it was a slow night, but the waitresses all sat around at the tables just chit chatting. Our waitress was not rude, she just had no personality at all.

Would I go back, probably not. I would walk out and walk around the restaurant for a good view of the water and some sea life though.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Welcome, Maryland
“Nice casual lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband and I ate lunch here in November, 2012. Glad we did. It's such a cool place sitting right out over the water, you can actually feel a sway while you are eating. It's beautiful to look out throught the glass windows and see the water and fishermen. I had a delicious fried talapia sandwich (large portion); and my husand had the blackened grouper, both were great. Such a unique place, the paper towels are hanging from the ceiling over your table. Great service too.

Visited November 2012
Bradenton, Florida
“Tourist Joint”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Gone are the discounts from the past. Had the seafood pot. Had a lot of potatoes and very little mussels.

Visited November 2012