“A must visit on AMI!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Holmes Beach, Florida
“A must visit on AMI!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

The Rod & Reel Pier is popular with locals and visitors alike. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are all good but be prepared to wait a bit especially during "season", Feb.-April. Manatees and dolphins can often be seen in the area. The food is tasty and the service is good. A visit to the Rod & Reel Restaurant is a must! Of course, you can also fish from the pier.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Winnipeg
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

This is a must visit restaurant for a trip to anna Maria island. The restaurant is small with seating for about 35-40 people inside and about 24-30 outside so go early. The crab cake appetizer was delicious. The coconut crusted grouped with mange salsa was very tasty and the fish and fries were amazing!

Visited March 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

great seafood, breakfast lunch and dinner, casual, clean, new, cute, good service, good beer, small and cozy, key lime pie really good, crab cakes not the best, too much filler and seasoning, other food was really nice, great for families, fishing below, bar below is a real plus, great view of water.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Great Seafood & View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

My son and I ate at the Rod & Reel this past Sunday at around 1:30 pm. I think we were pretty lucky, because we went up the stairs and were quickly seated inside at a waterside window table. It was very busy and as soon as a table was cleared, someone was seated. When we left, there were people outside waiting to be seated as well.

Some words about parking - the Pier has one very small lot, which was totally filled when we arrived. However, you can find places to parallel park along the surrounding streets. I suggest that if you see a space nearby, grab it and don't even bother trying the parking lot.

From our table, we could watch the fishermen on the deck area below, as well as gaze out over the Tampa Bay with the Skyway Bridge in the distance. It was a beautiful day, cool breeze came through the window, and there were a lot of people sailing and boating. We saw schools of fish swim by and three bottle-nosed dolphin came up very close.

Our waitress was very nice and took our order about five minutes after we sat down. The two specials that day were a Mahi sandwich with fries and coleslaw and a meal of fried grouper cheeks with the same sides. My son opted for the Mahi special, but substituted onion rings for the fries. I ordered the fried sea scallop dinner with slaw and fries. Our Corona beers "magically" arrived while were gazing out the windows and tasted so good after our few hours at the beach.

I have to mention the prices on the actual menu are higher than the one you can find on the internet, so be prepared. The bill for the two of us was around $45. I'm sure it's because seafood prices fluctuate and it's also a tourist stop, but let me tell you, it was worth every penny!

My son's Mahi sandwich consisted of a very large Mahi filet on a kaiser with lettuce, tomato and tartar sauce on the side. He said it was "so good." He traded me an onion ring for a couple of fries and they were both delicious.

My fried scallops were lightly breaded, cooked perfectly and "so good" as well. We both agreed that the coleslaw was great.

My son and I were so full afterwards that we couldn't possible have eaten dessert. Disappointing, because I hear the pie is delicious. We'll just have to go back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Great scenic view for dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

This restaurant was really good! We had to wait about 30 min (on Sunday evening) around sunset which wasn't long. While waiting we hung out back on the deck watching people fish and we also saw some dolphins which was really cool. The food was great and service was good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere