“Should see some fish!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Norman, Oklahoma
“Should see some fish!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

2nd time to the island and we missed it the first time due to a power outage (ended up at the City Pier Restaurant down the road). We were told to eat downstairs with the locals. Had fun watching everyone fish and saw dolphins come in close. I had a grouper sandwich and my husband had a burger. Also had an appetizer of stuffed jalapenos. They were very good, Husband's burger was good and my grouper sandwich was good but maybe not as good as I was expecting. I probably would have been happier trying one of the specials. I would still recommend this place for the casual atmosphere and local flavor.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Orlando, Florida
“Best seafood on the island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This was our family favorite and went twice during our vacation. The fish was so fresh. I had the fish and chips. I usually do not get fried foods but this was fabulous and not greasy at all. The wait staff is great. Very casual. Our first waiter reminded us of Tommy Chong which my daughter found quite funny. We enjoyed watching the fishing below and had a great sunset.

Leeds
“loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Loved it. Staff were friendly, food was good (considering prices in rest of florida I thought prices were reasonable). Views of sunset brilliant and we even saw sharks and dolphins in the surrounding water.

Visited May 2013
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Good food, beachy atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Our party of 8 only had to wait about 10 minutes to be seated, but I expect the wait could be much longer on busy weekends. While waiting, we spotted two dolphins playing in the bay alongside the pier. The menu had several choices and everyone was happy with their meal - crab cakes, fried fish and chips, grilled shrimp. We sat outside and had a nice preview of the sunset, but there is also indoor seating available. Stairs lead up to the dining area - no ramp or elevator.

Winter Haven, Florida
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Glad we went early! Arrived at 5 and were immediately and pleasantly seated by a window. Spectacular view (even saw a dolphin from time to time). Food was great - tasted fresh and well-seasoned. Definitely glad we went and would return on our next trip to AMI!