“Can't wait to come back...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rod & Reel Motel

Rod & Reel Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Anna Maria
Rod & Reel Motel
877 N. Shore Dr., P.O. Box 1939, Anna Maria, Anna Maria Island, FL 34216   |
Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Anna Maria
New Port Richey, Florida
“Can't wait to come back...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We were at the Island for a Wedding and we were very lucky to of stumbled on the Rod and Reel Resort. From the Road side it can be a little different, But once you go inside it was Paradise.
Just what we needed for a great get away. It would be a dream come true to own a place like the Rod and Reel Resort. Off the beaten path of the Tourist Traffic and close to the regulars. The Rod and Reel Pier was right out our door. And what a fun place to hang out. I would recommend this Mom and Pop to everyone. The room was just as expected and Very Clean. Up to date and ready to move in. The views were outstanding. I Can't wait to go back....

Room Tip: You have to make reservations ahead of time. All rooms are ground level, Non Smoking
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Orlando, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

This is a small motel in a great location. We rented the suite because it was the only room with a king size bed. All other rooms have full size beds ( no queen size in any rooms ). It's right next to a small pier where you can have the best grouper sandwiches. It is right on the water but we walked a couple blocks north to the very tip of the island - one of the most beautiful beaches. The room was very spacious and clean. It has a full kitchen but you should bring your supplies because there is no shopping within walking distance and once you arrive you really don't want to go back out grocery shopping. The price was kind of high but we did have a wonderful time so I think it was worth it.

• Stayed May 2012
Lakeland, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

We recently stayed, and found it to be over priced for what was offered. stayed 4 days, and found it to not the cleanest I have ever found. Walk out of the shower to find your feet dirty from floor. Found holes in walls in bath where the old towel rack use to be, drywall chipping away around the bath window. If you wanted fresh towels, you had to take your unclean ones to the office for fresh one.... All this for $525.00 for a 3 night stay. There is no longer a beach in front of the motel, due to errosion, which isnt the motels fault. The only thing we found to be pleasant was the view. I took pictures of all of these things, but I wont post, I for one will not go back, for I feel it is not worth the price I paid. The motel has 11 units, but only parking for 5, the 6th is reserved for the employees, so you will have to find parking in public parking for the peir.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Largo, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

THE GOOD:
Location is umbeatable...on the bay,
Nice landscaping
Very Clean
V ery quiet
Very knowledgeable employes
Well equiped room (closet, fridge, microwave, small cooktop, dishes)
Semi private patio for the ocean front room,
BBQ
picnic table
should i repeat clean clean clean,
updated look
no musty smell like a lot of Florida beach places can have

THE BAD
BEDDING, not even a queen size bed...full size, bouncy (i'm 5.5 165 lb, my hubby 5.11, 185 lb, average people...)
did not sleep well at all
pillow, same thing, no good.
not blackout blind neither
Shower, stall...please invest in a handheld shower head...
very generic toilettries,

Made reservations by phone, took the last room (11) room for 2, so they charge 2o dollars extra for my kid !!! like they wanted me to take and extra room for her ? she's 3, that the first time a hotel charged me for my kid

The room is already 18o $$$ so 2oo$ with the "kid"fee

For 2oo$ a night, i would expect premium bedding, not necessary a king size, but at least a queen size...

I would not recommend that hotel to a friend that would have to share the bed with someone...now somebody single yes, that's why i must answer NO, to the question Would you recommend this hotel to a friend

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Peoria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2006

I enjoyed the location very much u can't get any better than staying on the beach and wonderful flowers and wildlife I just worried about how clean everything really was because we were provided dishes that were not clean they had bits of orange s stuck to them other then that its a lovely place and would love to stay there again.

• Liked — beach
  • Disliked — dirty dishes
  • Tips/Secrets — buy some dishes
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2005

Great place to stay, low price, great people, awesome view

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2004

I can hardly wait to go back!! My beau and I had a marvelous time. We checked in with no problem and stayed over the weekend, checking out was even a breeze. Speaking of breezes you shall find no other breeze better than off the water of the pristine sands right out your door. Sunsets are a spectacular site. One of the days we went out and played in the water. The water was bright blue with fish swimming all around you. Snorkeling was such a pleasure. We even found sand dollars!!

Rates are reasonable too. Which leaves you spending cash to go shopping should you so desire. We even found a pub we could walk to and play pool and have a few brews before we headed back to our room.

The restaurant at the end of the pier is a stones throw away. Everything on the menu is succulent! From fish and chips to steak and potato. It also made it nice to plan your dinner around sunset, seating is available outside as well as in, so you can watch the sunset as you dine.

We had to check out, but believe me I would love to go back someday when working doesn't have me so tied down!!

Please call the Rod & Reel Motel for your next vacation "Getaway" and you will not regret it!!

rj

Been to Rod & Reel Motel? Share your experiences!