“Best Italian Deli Food!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 23 Restaurants in Anna Maria
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Sandwiches, Delicatessen, Pasta
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Takeout
Description: Gourmet Take-out Lunch and Dinner Italian Bakery, Deli, Italian Market, Pizzeria and Catering for all accasion
New Jersey
“Best Italian Deli Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have been a fan of Vinny and Cheryl's since they opened. Of course, there's some bias as we all from the Garden State, New Jersey. Went in for my yearly fix, today's choice was an eggplant parm panini...but not a flattened sandwich. Perfectly prepared eggplant between thick slices of homemade bread, some mozz on top of the bread as well, then into the oven. When unwrapped, a sight for hungry eyes to behold. Hope I can upload pictures...sometimes Trip Adv site not user friendly for uploads. While there sampled some freshly made sfogliatelle...you know, the clam shaped pastry. The filling was still slightly warm....ohhhhh, heaven, to say the least. My friends left with a very good sized portion of tiramisu...it passed the taste test with flying colors. V & C proudly display their trip advisor certificate. If you're on AMI, please do not miss this place! sorry, it's not a bar scene and cannot remove the designation.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“I ordered a pizza, wish I ordered a sandwich also”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

The pizza was very good and fresh. It is made to order so allow time. I saw a sandwich made while I was there. It looked even better.

Visited October 2013
“Delicious and Delightful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

While staying on Anna Maria we had Chef Vinny come to our home to prepare a meal. Wow! What a feast we had! Chef Vinny created a fabulous 7 course Italian meal for our family. Every course was exquisite! Our family had a great time getting to know Vinny and learning few cooking tips! If you are looking for a great meal that is fresh, and Authentic Italian you can’t go wrong with Chef Vinny! Thank you again Vinny and Will for a dinner our family will never forget! Can’t wait to come back to Anna Maria!

• Visited September 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Best Italian food on the island! Service was great and friendly! We bought a loaf of fresh baked bread and a cold italian sub and both were awesome!

Visited August 2013
MD
“"Thank you Vinny & Cheryl for an amazing last dinner on the island!" -Mermaidia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I had spoken with Vinny last year as I had not been to his place before and noticed they have Gluten Free items on the menu. He told me there were lots of things he could make for my daughter who can't have gluten or dairy. This was at the end of the trip and we vowed to eat here next time.

Fast forward to this year...Riding bikes on a Monday morning (Mondays do not suck on AMI!) we cruised over to Vinny and Cheryl's place to look at the menu. They were closed, but as we pulled up, Vinny himself was coming. He said they wouldn't be open until Wed. but chatted at length with us about food. I told him my oldest daughter Mermaidia was only visiting for part of the trip, and she is now vegan, as well as no gluten. I wanted to get a fab. dinner to go for her last night on the island. No problem Vinny said, call me that morning and I'll make it happen. He's passionate about his food, understands the whole gluten free vegan thing. He can make her whatever she wants. YAY!

Around 11:30 Mr. and I decided to bike over to order dinner, and since it was so close to lunch we would get pizza too. We went ahead and paid for both and rode back with one large cheese pizza and a gluten free pizza loaded with veggies for Mermaidia. Thin crust, rectangular pizza is my favorite!

Drove back around 6:00 to pick up dinner.
Lou- ravioli
me & Mr.- lasagna
Mermaidia- GF penne with the works: olive oil, garlic, artichokes, spinach, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, I'm sure I'm forgetting something.
I ordered garlic bread for us gluttens and what I got was a whole huge loaf, nicely seasoned.

All the portions here are huge with plenty of leftovers for the next day. Everything is made with pride and care for the freshest, best ingredients...you can taste the love! Delicious.

I've read a couple of reviews complaining about the time it takes waiting on orders. Hey, I'm not here to scold you, but #1. you're on island time, relax and #2. you wouldn't expect your nonna to turn out her best food quickly. It's not just sitting under a salamander, it's made fresh.

Thanks Vinny & Cheryl! See you next year...

• Visited August 2013