“Village Cafe, Anna Maria, FL” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sandwiches
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Wisconsin
“Village Cafe, Anna Maria, FL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

First of all, Anna Maria Island is simply the best place!!! The sad story is that it has been discovered!! Therefore, the population greatly increases in the Spring, along with higher prices. Try going late summer or early fall for less expensive lodging. Enjoy the FREE trolley up and down the island or rent a bike. The car will love to rest! The community center at the North end of the island offers many exercise classes, tennis, work out room, activities. SUPER! The Village Cafe on Pine Ave,in the "Green Village" has good food and seems to be a gathering place. Sit outside or in and take your time. Next door is a vintage store, called "Relish!" You will love it and the owner Rhonda is simply the best! But don't tell anyone about this quaint, wonderful, relaxing place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bradenton, Florida
“new gig”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I went to the cafe for the first time... they have a new management and it seems from the reviews I saw and the stuff that is there now that things are changing...the menu is great, full of different appetizing jazzy meals and good choices.... I had the Rosedale salad, which was huge! with an extra scoop of chicken salad for protein...the salad was fantastic with crumbled goat cheese, mandarin oranges, and almonds and a pear vinagrette dressing (that I never had one before)...the chicken salad was crunchy, blended and yummy... the coffee everyone is right...it is great and full bodied.... I spent only $10.50 cents and had food to go home. I will DEFINITIVELY go back again and bring my friends, because I can take them out for lunch, have them eat good and for a price that I can really afford it and a menu that is varied. I do not like to go out and eat food that I can cook myself for a whole lot cheaper, when I go out I like to eat good, even regardless how much it cost, so this is a double bonus! also, I eat gluten free and don't like junk food and preservatives, and here they had GF bread (hope they get more stuff too!) and the quality is high and fresh. Will be back for sure.... Service, they are getting trained, so I need to get there again ...but they were very nice and friendly....

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Coffee and food are excellent- service not so much....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

I have visited Village Cafe several times for coffee and breakfast. There "breakfast" menu is basically bagels, toast, and 2 egg muffins. A shame because they do the vegetarian egg muffin very well. Fresh English muffin with egg, roasted peppers and cheese. It keeps me coming back. They roast their own coffee and it is amazing!!!

The service is usually friendly, but very slow and unorganized. I once finished my veggie sandwich before I had even gotten my coffee. They seem a bit understaffed for busy times and don't have a system in place for dealing with pushes. It is the only bad thing I can say about this place. Definitely worth a try- just don't be in a hurry.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Bournemouth
“Great Breakfast Muffin!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Lovely coffee, and a fabulous Breakfast Muffin! Very friendly staff. And their Tuesday Night Jazz Club is a great night.

Visited April 2012
Anna Maria Island, Florida
“Tourist Trap”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Tourist Trap!
The first time I came here the food was cold and the service was so bad I thought I was on a hidden camera show. They were new, so I waited a few months and gave them a second chance today. Well, I was on the same funny show...the joke was on me with a half empty cup of coffee and a big order of blah food that came out one at a time 10 minutes apart. My family was done eating by the time I got mine! We asked for help from the lady at the register and told her about the empty coffee and she replied "sorry"...she was clueless!
I'm being totally honest and I gave them a second chance and even asked for help several times...This place is terrible and I won't be back. It's a shame, because I'm a true resident of the island.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere