“Fresh and tasty” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Ft.Myers
“Fresh and tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We had delicious bison burgers and had the slaw instead of fries. The waitress was very fun and up beat . She brought water for our puppy and the outdoor setting was like eating in paradise.

Visited February 2013

Des Moines, Iowa
“Anna Maria's Nightlife”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

In this quiet village the action is at Feeling Swell! There is live music each night. Customers enjoy dancing and interacting with the performer(s). It's great for aging hippies:)

Visited January 2013
New York City, New York
“WARNING!! Terrible Staff and Service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

First let me start by saying that I visit Anna Maria for a few weeks every year and love to try the local restaurants. I had eaten at Feeling Swell a few times before and was generally very happy with the service and food. This wasn't the case at all on my last visit. I went in a few days ago to have a drink and dinner. The three of us went in and sat at the bar and started to browse the menu. We felt like the waitress was rushing us to take our order which was very surprising considering we were the only customers in the entire establishment. We eventually ordered our appetizers and meals. In that time a table of 10 came in and was seated outside. This place has an open kitchen so all the customers are able to see and hear the chef as he is cooking your food. We watched as he very angrily tossed our frozen Mac n cheese wedges into the deep fryer and waddled around in the kitchen looking very unhappy. He then slowly brought out our appetizers to us from the kitchen a few feet away. Since we were sharing the apps we politely asked for a few small plates. He grabbed a few and slammed them down on the bar while giving us a mean look. Apparently plates are something you should not ask for in this establishment. Our waitress eventually came back and brought out our meals. My fiancé asked our waitress for some A1 sauce for her cheese steak sandwich. We watched the waitress walk a few feet over to the kitchen and request the sauce from the chef. He looked up at her and very loudly said "You've gotta be f*****g kidding me", for the entire establishment to hear. I then asked him if that was going to be a problem for him and the waitress quickly came over and told me not to worry about it and that she has to deal with him all week and that he's always like that. I politely explained to the waitress that she gets paid to deal with him, and that I do not. Big mistake by the waitress for sticking up for a lousy, rude and unappealing chef rather than her own customers that had clearly not done anything wrong. She also said "what do you want from me? I have a 10 top outside!" Including the 3 of us that would make a whopping 13 people currently dining in the place. It's very apparent that she can't handle 2 separate tables at once and has a very poor attitude towards customers. The unfortunate thing is that I'm getting married in Anna Maria in a few months and the reason we went into Feeling Swell is because we wanted to talk to someone about hosting our rehearsal dinner for 45 people there. We obviously won't be doing that and have already found a terrific alternative on the island with a staff of friendly competent people. I will never go back to feeling swell again and would strongly suggest to anyone thinking of going here to think twice. There are much nicer places a stone's throw away that will appreciate the business much much more. There was nothing swell about this place from the incompetent waitress to the rude grotesque "chef".

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Long Valley, NJ
“Predictable fare”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Place does not look like much from the outside. We enjoyed the atmosphere and the live music. Again as you may see from my other reviews that we were here as hurricane Isaac skirted past Anna Maria Island so the place barely had 3 of the 6 tables filled indoors (outside was closed). The food was average bar fare (not bad but nothing to speak of) and matched expectations as did the prices. If looking for better foor go elsewhere. My wife did enjoy the deep fried pickles!

Florida
“Secret place of the Locals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

This place is not always busy, but it should be. They have great eats and live music.
We went on Saturday and the live music was a guy on guitar named McConnell. He was great, took requests. The food was good too. They have an absolutely wonderful Bison Burger and the prices are great. They have Wine, Beer, Margaritas, and Sangria. Also there is outside seating.
This is such a hidden gem. We go every time we go to the Island.

• Visited August 2012