“Predictable fare” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Long Valley, NJ
“Predictable fare”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Place does not look like much from the outside. We enjoyed the atmosphere and the live music. Again as you may see from my other reviews that we were here as hurricane Isaac skirted past Anna Maria Island so the place barely had 3 of the 6 tables filled indoors (outside was closed). The food was average bar fare (not bad but nothing to speak of) and matched expectations as did the prices. If looking for better foor go elsewhere. My wife did enjoy the deep fried pickles!

Florida
“Secret place of the Locals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

This place is not always busy, but it should be. They have great eats and live music.
We went on Saturday and the live music was a guy on guitar named McConnell. He was great, took requests. The food was good too. They have an absolutely wonderful Bison Burger and the prices are great. They have Wine, Beer, Margaritas, and Sangria. Also there is outside seating.
This is such a hidden gem. We go every time we go to the Island.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bradenton, Florida
“Small but good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

My view? The best burger on the Island. Dinning both inside and out with local music in the evening early hours. Drink specials on a daily happy hour basis. It is not the biggest building on the island but with the outside it is well managed. Occasional service blunders but with nice people. Prices are moderate and generally the TV set up takes care of any special sporting interests.

Visited August 2012
Lakeland, Florida
“Liked it a lot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We went for dinner and brought our dog. We sat on the patio and had a great meal. They have live music inside the restaurant...wish we would have left the dog at home so we could have enjoyed it. Would go back and plan to next time at AMI.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
MO
“Liked it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We were here for lunch, so maybe the one waitress we had was better than the late night shift...what do you expect late at night...it's a bar...that being said...yes, there was one waitress and seemed to be one cook, but he put out the food in a timely fashion. It was not crowded yet, and a few families with kids that seem local were streaming in, so I think this is a local hangout as everyone knew each other, and that is what we look for when we travel.. Don't expect fine dining at these places, just good old mom and pop food for a cheap price. We were not disappointed in our meals. We had chicken wings the way we like..we asked for extra crispy and we got it. They were wonderful. I ordered the chili because that is my favorite comfort food. It is said they have the best on the Island, so I thought I would just see. Well, It was very good, full of chunky tomatoes, onions and large pieces of hamburger, and it actually was spiced with cumin, garlic and chili powders and not bland at all. This does not come from a tube, and if it does, I want to know where to get it. Don't dis the tube..if that is what it is...I really enjoyed it, and I am very picky. My hubbie had the cheese steak and fries and he said it was one of the best he has had. My son had the bison burger...we can get that alot where we live, so we know if it truly is bison, and it was. It was not overcooked and dry as can easily happen with bison. He said it was comparable to what we get at home. All in all, it was a good experience...lunch may be the way to go

• Visited July 2012