“Broasted chicken!” 5 of 5 stars

Description: World Famous Broasted Chicken
Delray Beach, Florida, United States
“Broasted chicken!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

You wouldn't think broasted chicken would entice me to drive an hour and a half to this little restaurant, but it did! Don't know why some say it is a hole, it is a family restaurant full of warm and personable people. The menu is surprisingly diverse, and the homemade rolls were great! Think of this as the restaurant your grandma would open, right down to the strawberry printed curtains!

What I will share on the broasted chicken is this, serving was huge, chicken was fresh and tasty and should the opportunity to stop in again present itself, I will not hestitate!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Fort Myers, Florida
“Home cooked food but not always like Mama made it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My mom and I stopped in for breakfast recently. This was our first visit. The outside is nothing to impress, in fact you wonder if you want to go inside. The inside was cute and definitely a homey feeling. The wait staff were very attentive with all of our needs and everyone elses needs within the diner. I had the 1/2 order of chipped beef gravy over toast. It was too much gravy for one slice of toast, I scraped off a lot. There was not much chipped beef within the gravy. My mom use to put plenty of chipped beef plus shredded cheese and creamed corn in her chipped beef gravy, hers is much better. There home fries are very good. My mom had the omelet and she really liked it. We would go back to try other menu items.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lakeland, Florida
“All in all, I’ll give it a hesitant OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

When we visit the area, we try and stop in at the Alva Country Diner. It looks like it could have been an old house back in the day. Fancy ‘it is not’. This is were the local folks come to eat with their out of town guests. When we arrived Friday evening 5/24/13 around 5, they were already taking names (we were 3rd on the list). It was their usual ‘all you can eat fish’ special for $8.99 that brings them in each Friday. Our wait was less than 10 minutes. After seating us, our waitress took our food and drink order promptly. I ordered the fish special and the wife ordered the ¼ “Broasted” chicken dinner for $6.99. She really likes their chicken. Dinners include rolls, a salad or soup and vegetable. Tea, unlike many other places that overcharge, was only $1.59.

This was not our first trip to the diner and probably won’t be our list; however, I was very disappointed in the fish this time. It was too thinly filleted and overcooked. They bring you out enough you may not have to ask for a refill. However, I did in the hopes the next batch would be better. It was, but still not up to the quality I prefer. Also the green beans were not hot. Tasted OK, but would have been better warmer. I have to give the service good marks but my fish & beans only fair. My wife loved the chicken.

All in all, I’ll give it a hesitant OK and hope this visit was just a fluke. There has to be a reason so many folks come here and it can’t just be that it’s the only place in the immediate area. Next time, I’ll try lunch.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
LEHIGH ACRES
“Down Home Cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

If you want a place that has down home cooking where you are treated like family, this is the place to go. Price is AMAZING for the amount of food you get. I go here pretty much every week with my family for breakfast/dinner.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
“Small town southern comfort food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Alva a little small country spot in Florida. Beautiful homes, property, and the location of good attempt on southern comfort food-Alva Diner. They do a pretty good job! Nice country dine in atmosphere! Good portions for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Just fyi: Cash only.

• Visited July 2012