“GREAT SUBS!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Family Fare
Altamonte Springs, Florida
“GREAT SUBS!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

This is a Locals hang out for great subs. They have been in Altamonte Springs forever and the CHICKEB salad and Fresh Bread makes them a Great Lunch stop

Visited January 2014

“Best Sub in Altamonte”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Went for lunch and had The Lawlinator, HUGE monster delicious sub. It has House Roast Beef, ham, turkey, salami with Provolone cheese on Fresh Bread, I asked for it toasted which made it even better

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Winter Park, Florida
“Great subs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Excellent subs....I always get the salami or roast beef, both are excellent. try and get a fresh roll out of the oven as those are the best!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Wish there were more like this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I am a fussy chicken salad eater, and Lawless has the best. They also have one of the best vegetarian sandwiches in town -- lots of good fresh stuff on a nice chewy roll. I like to stop these for lunch and I've never had anything I didn't enjoy.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia
“The Rolls Are The Weak Link”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

Based on reviews here, I tried the roast beef sub. I concur with the good reviews. The owner told me that they cook a 20-pound top round roast there every morning. There was a goodly amount of beef on the sandwich, sliced thin, tender, and only a couple pieces of gristle. Still pink -- not overcooked. I had mine with horseradish sauce, lettuce, tomato, onions, swiss, and hot cherry peppers (they don't have the green banana peppers, which I prefer). I think there were only 4 peppers on the whole (large-size) sandwich. I plan on asking for extra the next time I go. I did notice that they have peppers on their list of "sides" for 50-cents more. I certainly hope they don't charge for extra peppers after you order a $7.50 sub!

But, the bigger issue is the roll. It's very brittle and crumbles as you try to eat it. Crumbs everywhere. I've definitely had better rolls. And, mine wasn't ordered "hot", where they will optionally heat it up for you to melt the cheese. That would make the roll even more brittle -- be forewarned. I don't know where they get their rolls, but I'd recommend trying another supplier. Being from Philly, maybe I'm just very picky.

I got my sub to go, so I really can't comment on the atmosphere. It did seem to be a bit spartan inside, but you're eating at a deli, not the Ritz!

• Visited February 2012