Our initial plan was to stay 3 nights at this hotel as we had some business in the area. After the experience of the first night, we cancelled the other two nights and checked out after staying one night only.
We arrived late after more than 16 hours of flights + 2 hour drive from Tampa..
Check in was quick.
We got a room at the second floor (room 239). The room was facing I-4 and the noise from trucks & other large vehicles was terrible.
All rooms had queen size beds only, which was kind of disappointing.
When I was getting my shoes off, I leaned towards the carpet, and felt the bed smell coming out of it. When I looked closer I saw a huge amount of hair on the carpet.
It looks like they had a dog in this room for a long time.
The hotels had "breakfast included" and upon check in, we were surprised to hear that there was no restaurant at the hotel and breakfast was waiting for us in a bag to go..
It had orange juice inside, a muffin, fruit and a snack. Coffee was available as well in the lobby.
I thought to give it only one point rating this hotel, but the location was good for us, and they were very kind and understanding when we decided to leave early, and did charged us only for that one night we stayed there.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Orlando / Altamonte Hotel Altamonte Springs
- Candlewood Suites Orlando / Altamonte Hotel
- Candlewood Suites Orlando
- Candlewood Suites Altamonte Springs
- Candlewood Altamonte Springs
- Altamonte Springs Candlewood
- Altamonte Springs Candlewood Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Altamonte Springs, we put the amenities where they really count: in your room. Conveniently located 2 blocks from Crane s Roost Park and the Altamonte Mall we are also less than a mile away from Alcatel Lucent University Training Center, Premiere Trade, Fuel Freedom International, Yahoo, Lennar, Siemens training center, Florida Hospital, UPS, Sears, FEDEX, HSBC training center, EA Sports Tiburon and 2 miles away from Merril Park Softball Tournaments (Altamonte Sports).We are an all suite property, the perfect place for your next stay. All of our suites have a full kitchen complete with microwave and full size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your oversized executive desk with Free High Speed Internet Access and two separate phone lines - check email and talk on the phone at the same time. Relax in the overstuffed recliner while you enjoy the CD and DVD player. Borrow your favorites from our free DVD library. Work off some stress in our fitness center or visit our Candlewood Cupboard where you can purchase meals, snacks and sundry items at value prices. Our setting is the perfect choice for business or leisure travelers, and earn Priority Club Rewards Points for each qualifying stay Half way between Daytona Beach and Orlando Walt Disney World Parks, we are a Pet Friendly hotel. We re here, ready with all you need to make your trip a success. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Wyndham, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Fareportal , Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Altamonte Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.