“HILTON SHAME ON YOU! -not what you expect of #1 in area” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Orlando Altamonte Springs

You added Hilton Orlando Altamonte Springs to your Saves list
Hilton Orlando Altamonte Springs
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   350 South Northlake Blvd, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701-5297   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast & Wi-Fi
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Altamonte Springs
Jacksonville, FL
“HILTON SHAME ON YOU! -not what you expect of #1 in area”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Although the lobby is impressive (but I don't sleep in a lobby) and the bed was first rate, the fact that you get no microwave or refrigerator with paying even more (we stayed in the Concierge Level - not the low end rooms) is a bit off-putting. Then add the fact that the bathroom is the size of Superman's telephone booth and the tub did not drain when showering - eeeeuuuwww. But the key insult is hallway lack of noise cancelling materials. The fact that I heard EVERY word of EVERY conversation within 50 yards (and two were 20-minute cell diatribes with their mutually drunk friends) to the piont that I had to shout a gentle request to take the discussion to the room is just not acceptable. HILTON- SHAME ON YOU. If I want to be entertained, I can go to WDW, but I needed to sleep and your accuostics are 1980.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
FCirrincione, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Altamonte Springs, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
I'm so sorry to hear about the noise disruptions you experienced. We always do our best to ensure guests are taken care of and feel comfortable when staying with us. Your feedback is being shared with our staff and we hope you'll give us another opportunity to make things right.

Kind regards,
Frank Cirrincione

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Capitol Heights, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

We booked an executive-level room at the Hilton Altamonte for an anniversary trip to Orlando. The hotel location is fine: not far from the interstate, near lots of restaurants and shopping and 30-45 mins from the premium outlets and theme parks. The lobby area is nice and some light remodeling has occurred in the rooms but they do clearly show their age. Some quick observations follow: the breakfast, light snacks and drinks offered through the executive package is a great amenity; our king sized bed was covered in flat sheets only (one was used to cover the mattress and to cover the down comforter which topped the bed); we had trouble keeping two working keys (after approaching the front desk to ensure that the non-working key was activated, the other would stop working); and after requesting a room away from the executive lounge (after reading Tripadvisor reviews mentioning the traffic and noise you might experience), we were assured that the lounge was away from the rooms and offered the option to switch rooms should we find it too noisy. We accepted the assurance, rode the elevator upstairs and found that we were placed in a room closest to the lounge, nearest to the elevator AND directly across from the ice and vending machines. I would like to say that the proximity of our room to the lounge was NOT a problem; we did not hear much noise from our lounging neighbors; however, the elevator lobby and ice/vending machines, of course, were a different story. Overall, the hotel is clean and the staff is friendly and competent. If you are looking for more from your stay than that, you may want to shop around.

Stayed April 2013
FCirrincione, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Altamonte Springs, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your anniversary trip and apologize for not fully meeting your expectations during your stay. It is always our goal to provide guests with the best stay possible and we regret that we fell short of doing so during your stay. We will be sure to address your comments with our team and hope you will give us another chance for your next special occasion. Thank you for your review.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Hilton on our way to Disneyworld on March 30. Was a bit worried and almost didn't book there as some reviews were a bit negative, but I'm glad we did. The location was easy to get to and only a short drive to restaurants and shopping. Got a great Sr. Adult rate on-line, always a pleasant surprise.

We found the staff very pleasant and accommodating. I'm allergic to feather pillows and when I called the front desk for another pillow, without asking, they changed the comforter as well as it was feather too!

Room was very clean and well decorated as was the lobby and common areas.

There was a convention in the hotel the night we stayed but we never heard a peep!

Would definitely choose this Hilton again!

Stayed March 2013
FCirrincione, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Altamonte Springs, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
We too are glad that you looked beyond a few negative comments and chose to stay and form your own opinion. We appreciate the comments concerning the staffs ability to anticipate your needs and change out all the feather items in your room. Now that you have taken advantage of a great value and had a great experience we hope to see you again when in the Orlando area.
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights on a work trip. The staff was friendly and very helpful.
On my way to the room the hall smelled like cigarette smoke. When I got into the room it was fine.
The rooms are small but clean. The carpets are stained. The bathroom was small, when the door was opened it blocked the toilet. The room was in need of a refresh. The it was looking old. The moldings are all scratched up the bath tub has holes where they changed shower rods
It was a pleasant stay but I would have liked a newer room.
The owner of the hotel has a lighted sign to himself in the lobby. That is so tacky

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your comments reflecting your appreciation of the staff. We will use your comments concerning the rooms as we move forward with our plans to give you a better Hilton experience. Thank you again for the valuable input.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed here for 2 night in March 2013. The hotel was very nice and the decor was very updated. Walking in, were were truly impressed and the staff was very nice. The rooms were average but clean. The biggest downfall was that there was no mechanism on the doors to prevent them from slamming so everytime someone on your floor would shut their door, you would hear it slam. This was pretty annoying when we were trying to sleep. The pool was also right beside the interstate so it was quite noisy and there were not enough chairs for all the guests who wanted to get some sun. The location was good though, right near lots of shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
FCirrincione, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Altamonte Springs, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay. We apologize for the annoyance of the doors closing. Unfortuately we had several chairs being reslung and were not available during your stay, we will have them back shortly. We hope you will stay again and see the improvements we are making.
Beaufort, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We decided to stay outside of Orlando and the Hilton was a good spot. Right next to I-4 with many places to eat and good shopping. Got a good deal on an executive level room, so breakfast was easy and free. The best part was the hotel's restaurant for dinner. Due to rain we decided to eat there on two of our nights. Both times the kitchen rose to the occasion.
The hotel offers the usual amenities (computers, workout room, nice bar, free parking and free wi-fi in the rooms). The rooms are spacious, but the bathrooms are small. All in all, a good place to stay away from the amusement parks crowds.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
FCirrincione, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Altamonte Springs, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
We appreciate the time you took to write a review concerning your stay. It is always a pleasure to read that guests enjoy our location, restaurant and amenities but most importantly the value that we offer on the Executive Level. We hope to see you again during your next visit to the Orlando area.
Winnipeg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

When people write a terrible review on TripAdvisor you often read them and say to yourself, " These people are picky and or mad at the staff and making this stuff up". This review is 100% true. My wife and myself arrived at the hotel, very nice looking. We got to our room instant foul smell coming from the AC unit. Inspected the bed for bedbugs (first thing I always do) and it was fine. Went to the washroom and the tub was black...and there was black mold on the ceiling and curtain rod. We opted to just take a cloth and clean it off ourselves as we were very tired. The pool area was right next to a busy interstate and the view was of the interstate exit sign. You could barely talk to the person you were with. The hot tub was warm and the jets did not work. Went swimming in the pool and after I swam next to a band-aid floating beside me I got out and had enough of that. Total time in the "Spa" area 30 minutes. That night we went to bed at a normal time and there was a wedding going on. Tons of drunk people coming to and from their rooms. That was totally fine hell if I was invited I would have been drinking with them. Problem was that the doors on the hotel rooms dont close gently its a loud SLAM!!! So much that our own door had visible damage. Its a natural thing for someone to leave their room start walking down the hall and have the door CLOSE nicely behind them and lock....no at the Hilton its a SLAM!!!! No fault of anyone but the hotel cause I could even hear the wedding guest saying as they are walking away from their room " Oh wow, oops I guess I should have closed it nicer". Well whoever said that its not your fault the door has the opposite effect. It is suppose to close with resistant hinges not slam shut. The next day we left around 11 to do some things around the City as we were on our last day of a 7 day Florida Vacation. We came back and the staff had cleaned it however the staff removed all our non-decaf coffee with decaf which is odd and forgot to leave us new shampoo. I think this has everything to do with the fact I refused to leave a tip due to the mold situation the day prior. To me that was immature and unprofessional. Our fight the next day was at 6:30 am so we had to get up at 4:00 am. I went to get into my bed to only find that the cover sheet that was placed on my bed this night covered only 3/4 of my bed. My feet were touching the mattress. Wow you dont tip these people you get half the sheets and no coffee. So we ended up going to bed at around 10:30-11:00 pm. I didnt get to sleep till 1:00 am as a Family was running up and down the hall screaming as they had a few rooms on the same floor. They ran from room to room as the kids were super hyper and SLAMMING the door every time. I went to the hallway asked one of the Uncles I think if they could tell the kids not to slam the door to which I got a " They are just being kids". Kids playing at 12:00 am and being disrespectful to the entire hotel....after talking to that guy I can see why the kids in their family were acting hat way. I opted to phone the front desk who advised they would look into it. After an hour it stopped....an hour. Is this the hotels fault??? Yes and no. They cant control the kids but they could sure as hell have fixed the doors and taken less than an hour to deal with it. Heck I dont even know if they did or if the kids just went to bed. At around 2 am my wife was hot and we opted to turn the AC on for the first time as it was nice out the entire time. The noise coming out of that machine was actually louder than the planes engines on takeoff the next morning. I dont know how you can have an AC unit that loud. Lastly we called to do a checkout over the phone at around 4:30 am. When my wife phoned she started to laugh afterwards saying, " I totally just woke that front desk guy up". When we went down past the counter to leave there was no one there, door to the office was shut...must have gone back to bed. On our seven day trip we stayed at 3 different hotels and the other two were more than fine. This one was an absolute nightmare. The slamming of the doors was my biggest issue but even if that was fixed the bed making issue, band-aid in the pool, "spa" conditions, staff, mold, AC unit, would have still got this a 2 star review. Do not stay at this hotel if you can avoid it. We book on a certain HOT website and it gave it a 3.5 stars with a 90% thumbs up. I dont know how it got those reviews unless the staff were creating accounts. When we got into our car and left lets just say we were more than happy to board our flight and come home to 4 feet of snow. Poor hotel.

Room Tip: Yes dont stay here.