“Nicely located and great hotel bar inside” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Orlando Altamonte Springs

You added Hilton Orlando Altamonte Springs to your Saves list
Hilton Orlando Altamonte Springs
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   350 South Northlake Blvd, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701-5297   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast & Wi-Fi
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Altamonte Springs
Pinellas Park, Florida
“Nicely located and great hotel bar inside”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

The hotel is tucked down a street that looks like a neighborhood street. Large oaks dot the landscape and give the area surrounding a comfortable feeling. The property is backed up against I-4 but no traffic noise was apparent from my 4th Floor room. The view from the window was somewhere in the middle between not exactly scenic and not exactly city. If you look straight out you have a very unique building over the tops of the tree line to study. Straight down and you have what is probably the conference center roof, which for a roof was not too bad. The room had two beds minus the traditional ugly bedspreads, and 4 nice feather pillows on each. Small appliances include a nice sized flat screen TV which I never turned on, an iron, and a hair dryer hanging in a bag on the back of the bathroom door. In the “office” area / desk they advertised wireless provided by AT&T. It was free of interference and FREE of cost, which was very nice. Lacking in the room is a table or something to place your suitcase. Bad designs include, the bathroom door which opens in and cannot be opened if someone is on the toilet or as was in my case you throw down a towel for stepping onto when you exit the shower and although there is a full length mirror on the closet door, it opens out towards the bathroom which blocks the entrance to it. The shower/bath itself was average with a slightly adjustable shower head located high enough for my 6’2” height. Shampoo, conditioner, hand lotion and bar soap with a great scent are the accessories found within. Three bath towels are located on a rack in the tub/shower but due to the lack of large spray are safely away from harm. The good news is the water was hot even in the morning hours. The air conditioning, which in this hotel with no ability to open the windows was better than most even though the controller was not operating correctly. It still got down to accidental but welcomed 67 degrees overnight on a day which had a high of 83. The hotel lobby décor is very impressive and looks like something you might see in a hotel of more “star power”. The best part of my stay was my visit to the hotel bar. I stopped in on a Wednesday night around 9pm and the place was hopping! Easily 50 people in bar that seemed a bit like an afterthought for its layout stuck in a corner somewhat. Decorated with Tvs tuned in to the local basketball team seemed appropriate for those who cared and a splash of music served up with quite the variety just loud enough to hear and not enough to dominate the conversation. The drinks were served up by two very attractive women who took turns recognizing everyone by name, yes you did read that right, they called everyone by their first name. I was VERY impressed with the level of service, smiles and laughter abound. The drinks themselves are reasonable for a hotel bar with my call brand coming in at $6.75. All drinks are free-poured and generous catering to a wide variety of people all made to feel quite at home, this is the primary reason to stay here above competitors around this location.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
FCirrincione, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Altamonte Springs, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
We were happy to read your review of the Hilton in Altamonte Springs especially the comments concerning the bar staff and the service you received. Thank you for your comments we are looking forward to your next visit, especially the bar staff, who will remember you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Owings Mills, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

We have stayed here once before, and find the hotel very nice, and clean. The only complaint about the rooms is how the bathroom door is situated; it swings practically into the toilet, and with the bifold closet door right outside, if that door isn't closed then it's very awkward getting in and out. The bed was comfortable. Like many hotel rooms, the air conditioner was noisy as it cycled throughout the night. Nice gym, although there was never any water available (apparently due to sports teams staying there) and even after asking for it, it took awhile. The lobby is spacious, and the bar, etc make it a nice meeting place. There was a sale of baby goods while we were there so there were alot of pregnant women walking in and out, which was interesting to watch; and an Indian wedding one evening which made the lobby off limits to guests. Staff were friendly and helpful. We had a great rate, and would definitely stay here again. Also--one other thing: if one opted to take the stairs instead of the elevators, they led outside instead of into the lobby. A little inconvenient if it rained......

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
FCirrincione, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Altamonte Springs, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Hilton in Altamonte Springs. We appreciate the positive remarks concerning your stay and hope to see you again soon.
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Stayerd in this hotel again as it was close to the office and I'm a Hilton guy. The issues remain the same as last time as this hotel has an upgraded lobby and bar, but is sorely in need for the rest. Please fix the wireless internet in the rooms as the speed is treadful. Ieventually just used my wireless 3G card which was slow, but better than what is offered by the hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
We are working on the upgrade to the internet that will resolve the issue that you mentioned in your review and hope to have that completed soon. Thank you for taking the time to relate your experience while staying at our hotel we appreciate your comments.
Abingdon, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

I stayed at this property on business in March of 2011 and wrote a review that pointed out some opportunities for improvement. Mr. Frank Cirrincione, the GM sent me a letter shortly after my review to discuss my concerns. So, on a return business trip to Orlando with our North American Team, I did not hesitate to book my stay at this location (others on my team booked at the Embassy Suites). My stay was pleasant and I did not experience any issues and certainly not those noted in my previous review. My Executive Level Suite was very nice and comfortable. The staff was pleasnt and always eager to assist. I love how when you walk by the front desk there always seems to be a staffer there to greet you (nice touch). I used the Executive Level amenities and also dined in the restaurant for breakfast. Just an overall, great stay. My co-workers indicated that they did not have any issues during this stay as well. The hotel is near everything! Dining, shopping, running/walking trail are all within a short walk from the property.

Room Tip: pay the extra for Exec. Level or request if Diamond-level HH
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
FCirrincione, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Altamonte Springs, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
Thank you for giving us another opportunity to prove that we are a great hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write the review concerning your stay. We hope to see you again soon.
Panama City Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Stayed at the Hilton Altamonte for 8 nights and overall I was very happy.

It is a large hotel with something like 300 rooms. The rooms are spacious and nice. I suspect it was refurbished within the last couple of years. The linens were plain white with a quilt rather than blankets. The room had the standard Hilton coffee maker and media radio that allows you to play your mp3. The bathroom was clean and a good supply of toiletries. The only thing they forgot in the refurbishment was the shower head. It was a bit of “dance around the shower” trying to get wet.

The internet was useless. They have sub contracted the hotel wireless to AT&T and it’s free. However when you managed to get connected it was so slow it was unusable. For the first three days it kind of worked for me. Then from mid stay I could connect but every page I went to just timed out. I went to bed with it connected and overnight some emails arrived so it did come back to life at some point. However I had a real work issue I needed to sort so went to the Business Center and the internet in there was great. The business center has 3 computers and I took the network cable from one and the speed was great, but it was iBahn not AT&T. If they could get their wireless in the room working like their business center I would return, but as a business traveler bad internet would stop me going back there.

The bar (called U Bar) and the restaurant (called the U Restaurant) are in the lobby area opposite the front desk but private and it had a good atmosphere. The bar offers a good range of draught beer and a nice selection of wines by the glass. The menu is small but offers a good choice of options. Over the 8 days we ate there 3 times and I can recommend the Fish & Chips.

Other than the internet, the only other thing that was annoying was the smoking area which is just by the front door so leaving and coming there is a very bad cigarette smell which was the first and last impression of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
FCirrincione, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Altamonte Springs, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Hilton in Altamonte Springs. I apologize that the internet was such a point of frustration for you during your stay. We have discovered that the routers, that are located in some of the guestrooms, have been unplugged by guests to plug in their devices rendering problems for internet users. We recognize this as a design flaw and are working with AT&T wireless to relocate the routers so this can not happen again. Thanks for the comments concerning the good experiences you had in the restaurant.
Bloomington, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

I have stayed here 3 times since December 2011. This hotel is very nice with a bar restaurant as well as little cafe. The location is near a shopping center and several restaurants. I will stay here again the next time I am in Orlando. This hotel is a sure bet.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
FCirrincione, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Altamonte Springs, responded to this review, February 13, 2012
It is nice to see that you continually enjoy your stays at the Hilton in Altamonte Springs. Thank you taking to time to write about your stay, we'll see you again soon.
Athens, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

Again....I was given a key to another person's room. I am thinking that someone will have to be injured or killed before this obvious problem is taken seriously,. This latest incident occurred at the Hilton Altamonte...at least the person inside the room had the safety latch secured. Sad to say, this wasn't the case at the HGI Huntsville Redstone Aresenal, where I was confronted by an angry individual that thought I was breaking into their room.

How does this happen? Why has this happened to me three times at Hilton properties in the past two months? Would you trust the hotel to make sure your Mother or Daughter is safe at a property where duplicate keys are issued? I am honestly at wits end trying to figure out how this happens. I am also seriously switching allegiances to a competitor that can ensure our business travel can be safe for my colleagues. Given that, I definitely cannot recommend this property due to the lack of care for customers' safety.

Room Tip: Choose another location to stay...this property is not safe!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
FCirrincione, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Altamonte Springs, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
I share your concerns for the safety and security of all guests. We have researched your experience and have taken corrective action so that other guests do not experience the same situation during their stay. I would encourage all guests, for additional safety, to use all safety devices available in their room, including dead bolts, safety bars and room viewers when they are in their rooms. I apologize for the experience you encountered at our hotel and hope given another opportunity in the future we can demonstrate our commitment to safety and security.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Altamonte Springs
Hampton Inn & Suites - Orlando-North/Altamonte Springs
Hampton Inn & Suites - Orlando-N...
#1 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
4.5 of 5 stars 266 reviews
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - North
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando...
#3 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
4.0 of 5 stars 646 reviews
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Altamonte Springs
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlan...
#2 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
4.0 of 5 stars 469 reviews
Sheraton Orlando North
Sheraton Orlando North
#2 of 3 in Maitland
4.0 of 5 stars 108 reviews
SpringHill Suites Orlando Altamonte Springs
SpringHill Suites Orlando Altamo...
#5 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
4.0 of 5 stars 143 reviews
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Altamonte Springs
Extended Stay America - Orlando ...
#6 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
3.5 of 5 stars 139 reviews

Been to Hilton Orlando Altamonte Springs? Share your experiences!