“Reasonable and Comfortable Hotel Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Plaza Altamonte Springs Orlando North

You added Howard Johnson Plaza Altamonte Springs Orlando North to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Plaza Altamonte Springs Orlando North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   230 West State Road 436, Altamonte Springs, FL 32714   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Altamonte Springs
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Reasonable and Comfortable Hotel Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We paid under $75 per night to stay, and we got our monies worth and more. The free buffet breakfast was good. We would have liked more of a variety of food, but considering the buffet was included with the room rate, it was very adequate. The breakfast room looks like it can accommodate about 75 people or so at a time. The rooms were pretty and quiet. The bed was fabulous! The mattresses were very comfortable and the staff was pleasant and helpful! It is an older property, but we have stayed in older properties before. Age of a property is not our deciding factor, service, cleanliness, a comfortable bed and good food is! We would stay here again!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are very quiet and a new addition to the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
HJPOrlando, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Plaza Altamonte Springs Orlando North, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Hello Atieko,

Thank you for your honest review. I am so glad you enjoyed the breakfast and your room. Our breakfast buffet includes a variety of items that changes on a daily basis. I am very glad you decided to stay at our property based on our service, cleanliness, good food, and our comfortable beds. We do hope to see you again the next time you travel to our area.

Have a wonderful day!

Ashley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Buffalo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This Hotel had some of the worst front desk staff i have seen. I stood behind another gentleman that was checking in and i could see the desk staff was having trouble pulling up his reservation. After ten minutes a second staff person came in. At no time did the First desk staff look at me and say " I will be right with you or sorry for your wait. After the 10 hr drive i took to get there i wanted to freshen up. I notice the toilet seat was sitting side ways because of a missing screw and all the time the fire Alarm was going off ??? No one ever told guest's what was going on with that. But after 15 min of on and off Alarming we figured it must have been a test. Breakfast was free but you could not take your cup of coffee back to your room with out being charge.? Cleaning staff was fast and efficient and i got to know one of them after 3 days. She told me the hotel sometimes would delay their pay checks a few days and when i looked up the company billing my American Express card, They were under bankruptcy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Apopka, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I booked this place last minute because it was close to functions me and my kids were attending. I'm embarrassed to say I got as far as I did!! My first clue to run far far away should have been while checking in there were several very scuzzy, dirty men leaning over the railings of every floor drinking (at 6:30pm at night). I checked in thinking the lobby didn't look too bad. We had to drive around the back of the hotel to get to our room. We carried our luggage up to the 2nd floor trying not to touch anything as there was at least 3 inches of grime and dirt and spider webs on the walls, floor, ceiling. We reached our floor and had a hard time finding our room, I noticed that the fire alarm pulls on the walls were all broken, some missing. We finally figured out which way we were supposed to go and realized we were the last room at the end o the balcony. There were already scuzzy men - did I mention that already - with furniture pulled out onto the balcony sitting in our way. I immediately told my daughter to turn around, get back in the car, we were leaving immediately. I never made it to my room to see if it was clean, if there were roaches or bed bugs! So I cannot comment on the condition of the room. But the deplorable conditions of the outside of the building and the concern for the safety of my daughter and I, I booked it back to the lobby to beg for my money back. I explained that I was afraid for my safety and that I would please like to get my money back. I told the "manager" about the men all over the place, that I couldn't even get to my room without walking past several men who were obviously just getting started in their quest to get drunk and do who knows what else and that I needed a safer place to stay. He offered me another room for $20 more - thanks alot!!! - but he would not give me my money back for the first night I had booked. Stating it was company policy. I told him to keep my money, my daughters and my safety was more important to me. We left $76 poorer with nothing to show for it but the feeling of a much needed very hot shower to get the feeling of filth and grime and dirty man stare off us!! If you have any respect for yourself - DO NOT BOOK A ROOM HERE!! DO NOT STAY HERE EVER!!
Howard Johnson Co, should be ashamed to have their name on this hotel!!

Room Tip: Like I said, never made it to the rooms or "ammenities" as the overall quality of the hote...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HJPOrlando, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Plaza Altamonte Springs Orlando North, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thank you for your honest review. I am so sorry to hear about your stay. We have several different construction companies that stay with us week after week, so that may have been the reason you saw so many men hanging around outside. We are currently in the middle of a $75,000 fire alarm system upgrade, because the safety of our guest's is our #1 priority. The reason some fire alarm pulls are missing/broken is because they are all being replaced to help ensure our guest's safety. We would love for you to reconsider and stay with us the next time you are in the area. Please email me at reservations@hjporlando.com and I would be happy to make sure that your next stay with us if very accommodating.

Have a wonderful day!

Ashley

Been to Howard Johnson Plaza Altamonte Springs Orlando North? Share your experiences!