I booked this place last minute because it was close to functions me and my kids were attending. I'm embarrassed to say I got as far as I did!! My first clue to run far far away should have been while checking in there were several very scuzzy, dirty men leaning over the railings of every floor drinking (at 6:30pm at night). I checked in thinking the lobby didn't look too bad. We had to drive around the back of the hotel to get to our room. We carried our luggage up to the 2nd floor trying not to touch anything as there was at least 3 inches of grime and dirt and spider webs on the walls, floor, ceiling. We reached our floor and had a hard time finding our room, I noticed that the fire alarm pulls on the walls were all broken, some missing. We finally figured out which way we were supposed to go and realized we were the last room at the end o the balcony. There were already scuzzy men - did I mention that already - with furniture pulled out onto the balcony sitting in our way. I immediately told my daughter to turn around, get back in the car, we were leaving immediately. I never made it to my room to see if it was clean, if there were roaches or bed bugs! So I cannot comment on the condition of the room. But the deplorable conditions of the outside of the building and the concern for the safety of my daughter and I, I booked it back to the lobby to beg for my money back. I explained that I was afraid for my safety and that I would please like to get my money back. I told the "manager" about the men all over the place, that I couldn't even get to my room without walking past several men who were obviously just getting started in their quest to get drunk and do who knows what else and that I needed a safer place to stay. He offered me another room for $20 more - thanks alot!!! - but he would not give me my money back for the first night I had booked. Stating it was company policy. I told him to keep my money, my daughters and my safety was more important to me. We left $76 poorer with nothing to show for it but the feeling of a much needed very hot shower to get the feeling of filth and grime and dirty man stare off us!! If you have any respect for yourself - DO NOT BOOK A ROOM HERE!! DO NOT STAY HERE EVER!!
Howard Johnson Co, should be ashamed to have their name on this hotel!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located off I-4 - close to Downtown Orlando and just minutes from shopping and many fast and fine dining restaurants. Our 20 foot waterfall cascades into the olympic size pool. Home to the Sterling Room steak and seafood restaurant, serving Sterling Silver meats. Home to the legendary Why Not Lounge, serving cocktails and hot food nightly. Guests receive a free full-hot breakfast buffet daily serving a selection of fresh baked breads, fresh fruit, breakfast meats and eggs prepared in our full service kitchen and served in the restaurant. Room service is available from morning to night and three large Jacuzzi Suites are available. We have 10 meeting and banquet rooms, the largest accommodating up to 356 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Wyndham, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Howard Johnson Plaza Altamonte Springs Orlando North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Altamonte Springs
- Clarion Altamonte Springs
- Altamonte Springs Holiday Inn