“Better than before!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Plaza Altamonte Springs Orlando North

You added Howard Johnson Plaza Altamonte Springs Orlando North to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Plaza Altamonte Springs Orlando North
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Altamonte Springs
Lake Mary, Florida
“Better than before!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I've stayed at the hotel many times, and I have to say that it has improved in the last several years. It's an older property but believe me it has really benefited in the last few years from the renovations since it was a Holiday Inn. The service has always been great, which is why i've been coming here for so many years, usually during the weekend when the comedy show happens. Granted, there have been ups and downs, but it's definitely better than before, and certainly better than most of the other options in town in this price range.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Carpets needed to be cleaned. Fridge was rusted on the inside. The management needs to inspect the rooms. My father-n-law stayed in the room next to us and there was a hole punched in his wall with a crappy patch job. This is unacceptable. We won't stay here again.

Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

To start, we were in town for our Children's Sports Events and stayed because we had been here before about 6 months ago and the stay was wonderful. NOW, THIS HOTEL IS DISGUSTING AND DISPICABLE AND THAT IS BEING NICE! Pool, Green, Brownish Colored Slime Floating in Pool, Stuck on some Children, Actually had the audacity to open back up for people to swim after closing for a couple hours. I guess because allot of us wanted to check out, the almighty dollar was more important than children's health and safety. The aroma by the pool is like standing in the center of a cow pasture, but the cow pasture smells better. Breakfast, another story, so wonderful we left our plates and went to Denny's. It wasn’t even good, free. Cook Out---My impression is outside, grill, and fun--Your impression is in the Dining Room, Run Out of Food and Poor Quality at that. Rooms, not crisp, but they use to be, towels and sheets dingy, not nice and white, dusty, things in the room all over the place and amenities in the room cut way back from what was there before. Service--where, it is completely missing! Staff very sad looking, no smiling, no good times. Oh, coffee in the lobby, disappeared, guess that was too much to give to us to? You want revenue but from what we see you do not provide nothing, wow, what a value, there is none.

I spoke to some of the staff to see what is happening and here are my sad, sad findings:
General Manager, Bob, who cared is gone.
We enjoyed our job and coming to work but now we hate it.
New General Manager is rude, doesn't care, very disrespectful but that is what the owners want because they are the same way.
We don't matter and from things they do, the customers don't matter either.
It is hurry, hurry, get off the clock. Not about doing anything right.
We don't have anyone to talk to, could talk to Bob, he cared, but they don't or he would be here.
We are going down fast.

With this being said, not that you seem to care, but, we as a group will not be back. We asked to speak to the General Manager, told he has left for the day, ask to speak to the owners, sorry they are gone. Of course, the responsible people for this disgusting mess were not there or at least that is what we were told or they were told to tell us.

Very, Very Sad!!

By the way Mary from Ft. Pierce, you must have stayed at some other hotel, I can assure you it wasn't here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
HJPOrlando, General Manager at Howard Johnson Plaza Altamonte Springs Orlando North, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Thank you for your review; our team works very hard to ensure each guest enjoys their stay, and i'm sad to find out that we failed to provide you with the great service you deserve. I'm not sure why employee information would be made public, but I can assure you that I have been managing the hotel since the beginning of last year responding to all of the reviews here while doing my best to ensure our team remains happy and helpful. As for our cookout and pool issues, it was all related to the weather that passed through as well as forecasts for rain the day of the cookout. The comfort and safety of our guests were the reason we had to make last minute changes to our cookout and temporarily close our pool. As for the quality of the food during breakfast as well as the cookout, I wish you could have let me know, as I was there setting up the buffet and would have done everything possible to ensure it was great, even though it was complimentary. The amenities in the room have not changed, quite honestly we've actually increased the amenities as per Brand Standards, but if anything was missing, we would have gladly replenished them if given the opportunity. As a guest, you should never hesitate to ask our staff, especially me, to make your stay great, we're all here for you!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

This place looks great on the web, BUT, beware...that must have been taken when the hotel was newly built or renovated! It's nothing, NOTHING, like that now! Light in room would just shut off; when I called the front desk they told me to try it again. Hotel worker opened my door and asked what I was doing in that room; told him that's the one I was assigned...said it was suppose to be vacant. Gap under door large enough for mosquitoes to get in room. Drapes, couch and carpet were filthy; the cracks in the caulking was cracked and the wall had patches on top of patches. Pool was closed because the water was green and full of algae and the standing water behind the waterfall stunk. The only reason I did not leave is because I was with a group and we all couldn't leave. I did have fresh clean sheets to sleep on.

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for your review. Our photos were taken within the last year and should give everyone an accurate view of our property, however your experience speaks otherwise, and I am truly sorry. I wish I had more information to go on as to which room this was, but I will do my best to find out which room is in such a poor state and ensure that the problems you speak of are corrected before we use it again. Please accept my deepest apology, as our team works very hard to keep every room clean and comfortable.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

This hotel was disappointing. We stayed here with a large group. This hotel knew there would be a large group of children and you would think they would have Prepared the pool. The children were not able to go swimming because there was algae in the pool and it needed to be shocked. Why would they have not done this the day before our arrival?? This trip was planned for over a month and on their books. The Hampton Inn allowed us to use their pool. We will stay there next time.

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for your review. Our staff works very hard to ensure that each and every stay is great, unfortunately we came very short of that and I sincerely apologize. Our pool is unique with the 15 foot waterfall and tropical foliage surrounding it, several days of heavy rains before your stay caused the pool to close for cleaning due to algae buildup. The pool was shocked the night of your arrival, that was the earliest chance we had to do so. The pool was cleaned and tested safe the next day, which is why the pool was reopened several hours later. The storm caught us off guard however we will do our best to avoid future problems.
ft. pierce
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Came from Ft. Pierce up to Orlando for 3 day . 6 rooms with family we all had clean rooms . low prices on the rooms. management went out of their way too help us in any thing we needed. Never found a better hotel that would do what they did for us. Pool was beautiful . Would go back again. Free Breakfast that alone saves us a lot of money. Thank you
Mary Foster

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review, Mary. Our team works very hard to ensure each stay is wonderful; I will share your review with everyone as it will give them a great sense of pride in the hard work they put in every day.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I recently stayed here in May. I read a lot of reviews on a couple of other travel sites and it was reviewed well, but I when I got there I was not impressed. When I booked the room from Travelocity in March, both travelocity and the Hojo site said the hotel offered airport shuttle service. I even emailed Hojo about the shuttle service and was told I would be accommodated. ***Please NOTE*** This property does NOT offer shuttle service directly from the airport--when I arrived in Orlando, and couldn't find the shuttle bus, I called the hotel and was told that they do not have an airport shuttle. They can somehow provide a shuttle for a fee, but it needs to be set up at least 24 hours in advance. The website is very misleading. (Side Note--I have only wonderful things to say about the Hertz Orlando Airport customer service!!!! They bent over backwards to help me out of this mess!!!)

The room and bathroom were dingy and although not exactly dirty, it didn't give me a good sense of cleanliness either. Linens and towels were not sparkling white, and the towels were worn and look like they need to be replaced. Toilet paper was not replaced and was at the end of the roll without a backup by the end of the weekend. The TV did not have all the channels available that were posted on their list (when I punched the numbers in, it said channel not avail...fortunately I wasn't there to watch tv). The pool was the only nice thing about the property. The free breakfast had some variety, but the quality was not great (I don't know how you can get plain scrambled eggs to have a weird taste, but 2 days in a row they managed to do that!). For the price I paid for this room I was a bit disappointed in the quality of the facility.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Altamonte Springs
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#8 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
3.5 of 5 stars 177 reviews
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Altamonte Springs
Extended Stay America - Orlando ...
#5 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
3.5 of 5 stars 139 reviews
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Altamonte Springs
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlan...
#2 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
4.0 of 5 stars 469 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites - Orlando-North/Altamonte Springs
Hampton Inn & Suites - Orlando-N...
#1 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
Ramada Altamonte Springs
Ramada Altamonte Springs
#9 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
3.0 of 5 stars 245 reviews

Been to Howard Johnson Plaza Altamonte Springs Orlando North? Share your experiences!