We stayed at the Magnuson Grand for a week in early May. The staff was more than helpful. The breakfast buffet was nice--they had several selections of hot and cold items. The hotel was very handicapped friendly. We had a handicapped room which had a roll-in shower, a bench, and rails. On the last day, they let us stay several hours after checkout time which really helped. Great location for Cape Kennedy (space launch) and Universal. Not so great for Disney, although it is right on I-4. Had small workout room, but free guest membership at Gold's Gym. Very clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located off I-4 - close to Downtown Orlando and just minutes from shopping and many fast and fine dining restaurants. Our 20 foot waterfall cascades into the olympic size pool. Home to the Sterling Room steak and seafood restaurant, serving Sterling Silver meats. Home to the legendary Why Not Lounge, serving cocktails and hot food nightly. Guests receive a free full-hot breakfast buffet daily serving a selection of fresh baked breads, fresh fruit, breakfast meats and eggs prepared in our full service kitchen and served in the restaurant. Room service is available from morning to night and three large Jacuzzi Suites are available. We have 10 meeting and banquet rooms, the largest accommodating up to 356 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Wyndham, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Howard Johnson Plaza Altamonte Springs Orlando North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Altamonte Springs
- Clarion Altamonte Springs
- Altamonte Springs Holiday Inn