“CAUGHT BY SURPRISE” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Altamonte Springs
A TripAdvisor Member
“CAUGHT BY SURPRISE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

i did not expect for this hotel to look the way it did. i was very impressed with the layout of the room. when you eneter theres the sofa and chair with a desk, a mini fridge, sink then the restroom to the right which was awesome and then the large bedroom separated from the kitchen area. it was very clean and no stingy smell. i almost felt just at home!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ESONFOM, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - North, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for sharing your own description of our all-suite accommodations on TripAdvisor. Although floorplans vary slightly throughout the hotel, all of our suites feature separate parlor and bedroom areas, and are equipped with a refrigerator and microwave oven. The design provides comfort and convenience for both leisure and business travelers, and when combined with our free evening cocktails and complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, offers a great value. We hope you will will return again soon.

Richard A. Neilan
Director of Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Jonesboro, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was in Orlando for a wedding and this was very convenient to that. As that took most of my two days, I can't say much about convenience to the big attractions in Orlando. It is only a couple of blocks from I-4. Probably not too bad depending upon traffic but we did encounter two accidents on the highway when we were inbound on Friday afternoon. Of course, like all Embassy Suites, there was the breakfast and the happy hour. Both were fine. The staff was very friendly. The only issue was the room coffee pot not working. We did have to report it twice for a replacement. There are alot of places to eat in the area and there is an Omaha Steakhouse in the hotel. The hotel is next to the Crane Roost Park which is picturesque and interesting. Altamonte Springs has much to offer and all of that is close to the Embassy Suites.

Room Tip: Keep west side curtains closed during the day. Bedroom gets very warm.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Overall the experience was good. Hotel is a little dated, could use upgrades. Pricing could be more in line with the location of the hotel. A minor problem with the A/C. Meal in the morning was varied and tastly.

United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I came to this hotel for my High School Reunion. Everything was wonderful, except for these thin black bugs that were crawling on my pillow. I don't know where they came from or what they were, but I killed them and moved on.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I should have had a clue when I arrived, checked in, and asked for a bellman to assist with luggage. I was a single woman, traveling with a small child for a wedding. We had a LOT of stuff--the child was in the wedding, so we had her gown, my clothes, toys, her clothes and various electronics. I was informed that there was no staff to assist, but the luggage carts were available for use. So, I had to drive the car to the front of the hotel, unload everything onto the cart, LEAVE my belongings unattended to move the car to a parking space, all with a 4 year old in tow. The room was OK, although housekeeping was lacking -- a petrified French fry was located under the table in the living room. After a long day, long evening, we were finally in our room sleeping when the phone rang after 11 p.m. It was the front desk, announcing to me that I would be required to MOVE to another room because of a/c issues in the building in which our room was located. The a/c would not be repaired until morning. I was told that I had to come downstairs to the front desk, get a new keycard, get a luggage cart, come back up, pack up and go to the new room in the older section of the hotel. I had a sleeping child with me, so I refused. Two hours later, the room was so hot and stuffy, that I had no choice, so I called the front desk. I refused to go down and get the card (because I had a child with me) and they finally agreed to send security up with a cart and the card. Got the room packed up, moved to the other building, went in the new room -- NO A/C! Called the front desk, they told me to just wait til it "kicked in." I waited about 4 minutes, watching the thermostat rise, and called back. They brought up another room key and finally we had a/c. By that time, it was close to 2 A.M. and we had a wedding that day!!!

The next day -- We were in the atrium part of the hotel and there was a function being held on Saturday night so it was quite loud. I do not understand why anyone would design a hotel where the rooms all opened into a 7-story atrium -- the noise carries! The second room was OK, despite the noise, no remote for the bedroom TV and a TINY bathroom!

The hotel didn't charge me for the first night, but I would have preferred an uninterrupted night's sleep. The layout of the hotel is also problematic -- to get to the newer section you have to use a separate elevator, so when we had to change rooms, we had to go down one elevator, then take a walk across the first floor to a second set of elevators to go up to our new room. Not a lot of fun at 1:30 in the morning!

As far as the staff goes -- they were either great or horrible! Some were very helpful, others completely ignored you. (the breakfast staff in particular). The only positive thing was the breakfast.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
funtally,

We sincerely appreciate that you chose to stay with us for such a special occasion, and apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We do our best to ensure that our guests enjoy a comfortable, hassle-free stay, and it is disappointing to our entire team when we fall short of this goal. Members of our Executive Committee have reviewed your feedback, and are taking steps to prevent such occurrances in the future. We hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to serve you if your travels should return you to our area.

Kind regards,

Richard A. Neilan
Directof of Guest Services
Malvern, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

This was a great hotel and great location the waterfront, walking trail, jazz concert at the park, ice cream shop and restaurants nearby within walking distance and a mall too! We stayed here when we moved our daughter into college. The rooms were a mic size and the proximity of all the shops was a big plus.

Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I have stayed at Embassy Suites before and have been very happy. This was NOT the case at this location. The grounds were not kept up & the property had a terrible musty smell. We were going to stay one night before a return flight home. We checked in, went up to our room and found the smell was worse in the room, curtains by the door were grease covered from the door hinge & a dead wasp on the floor. I have a son with a medical allergy to wasp stings. Went down to the front desk to see about getting a different room, one without a possible wasp nest & perhaps a better smelling one. Not the case. Asked for a manager to explain our situation. She (I will refrain from posting her name. Got an assistant manager.) rudely stated that she was surprised I wouldn't be happy with one of the 300 some rooms. We were using Hilton Honor points to stay here and I asked kindly if we could stay at a sister resort and use the points. She said no, if we left it was on my own doing and we would lose the points. At that point, I told her that we would be leaving. She said she would have the manager contact me. We promptly left and stayed at The Springhill Suites in Sanford. VERY nice and nice front desk staff there. I called after 3 days and left a voicemail. No response. A week went by and no call from the manager. I then called Hilton Honors phone number and explained the experience. They apologized and promptly replaced the 30,000 points and said they would be in contact with the guest complaint and started a file on it. To this day (almost a month later) I have not been contacted by any member of the management team there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - North? Share your experiences!