I travel often and enjoy the spacious suites at Embassy Suites. I have stayed at this property once in the past and recall that it was fine. They have apparently undergone a recent renovation but it seems that there have been some issues.
Location first because it is great. The hotel is on the lake in a town center in Altamonte Springs, FL. You can walk to a host of restaurants and the mall. Florida Hospital is also nearby.
The condition of the common areas was undergoing some sort of repair. In the main atrium there were machines trying to dry out the carpet and the furniture was quarantined with yellow tape. It was like this at night and the same in the morning. The area was pretty much not in use and an eyesore.
Check-in was fine. No surprises but also nothing exciting or overly efficient. I waited close to 10 minutes for one person to check in. Not sure if it was the patron or the agent but it seemed a little excessive.
The room was basic. Tans and browns and dark colors. Not what I expected from a recent renovation. I would have appreciated brighter colors. The bathroom was great for me with a walk in shower and no tub! I loved that but some may not. Also I noticed water damage on the picture in the bathroom. I really don't care that much but every-time I went in that room it was all I noticed.
The big issue for me was the bed. It was horribly uncomfortable! I had a king mattress but one half of the bed was about 3 inches shorter than the other. The bed had obviously not been replaced and was worn out. Also the headboard was attached to the wall yet it shook constantly with every move in the bed. I rarely complain about comfortably with a bed in a hotel but this was really ridiculous. If I had stayed more than one night I would have either moved rooms or changed hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Orlando North provides every guest with a two-room suite located on the beautiful Cranes Roost Lake and Boardwalk in the heart of Uptown Altamonte. The Embassy Suites Orlando North is just minutes away from the Altamonte Springs Mall, AMC Movie Complex and walking distance to several restaurants. We are conveniently located "Halfway" between Daytona/New Smyrna Beaches and Disney's famous theme parks. We are only 8 miles north of downtown Orlando and near Universal Studios, Wet n Wild and Sea world. The Embassy Suites Orlando North is the perfect location for a fun family vacation, blissful weekend getaway or a business trip. During your stay at the Embassy Suites Orlando North you will experience state-of-the-art amenities to make you feel more at home in the comfort of your hotel suite. Enjoy in-room entertainment with two flat screen televisions,complimentary WiFi, microwave, refrigerator and wet bar. After a peaceful night’s sleep in our luxurious Embassy Essentials linens, wake up to our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, then unwind at the end of your day at our two hour Manager's Reception with your favorite cold beverage and dry snacks. We also have a wide selection of dining options to satisfy your taste buds, including our onsite Omaha Steak House and our In-Room dining. At Embassy Suites Orlando North, you’ll have a more memorable stay in Orlando. Come visit us now! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotwire, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Orlando North
- Embassy Suites Altamonte Springs
- Altamonte Springs Embassy Suites