“Typical Embassy Suites experience, nice location.” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
2X Points & Breakfast!
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Altamonte Springs
USA
“Typical Embassy Suites experience, nice location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

Stayed here with family over the weekend. The hotel itself is everything you expect from an Embassy Suites: suites that are well laid out, great concerned and responsive staff, generous cocktail hours, good hot breakfast. In addition to that, their atrium was also spacious and well kept, the indoor pool was quite nice as it also had a hot tub and a sauna (which I didn't actually use).

Their on-site restaurant, a steak house, has an INCREDIBLE appetizer that I've actually had at other Embassy Suites, so it must be some type of chain restaurant for certain Embassy's. The appetizer is home made potato chips topped with blue cheese crumbles and chopped tomato - if you like blue cheese then you MUST try these!!!! For $7 they are a steal. Save yourself a few extra bucks and order them from your room and go down and pick them up. This way you can avoid the room service charge - you can still provide a tip if you like, however.

This Embassy is in a really nice location. You are within a short walking distance (approx 10-15 minutes) to the Altamonte Mall, which has some great bargains, and there is a nice walkway that goes all the way around a lake (maybe approx .75 mile long loop). This area also has various concerts and activities around the lake and there are other nearby restaurants that you can walk to even closer than the mall.

I would definitely stay here again. If there is a "con" I would say that it's further away from all the Disney/Universal stuff, but it's only about a 20 minute drive away, really not far at all - well worth it to come here.

Don't think twice about staying here, it's a great hotel and location.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011 via mobile

Note that though it is pet friendly you wil be put in the "dog building" not the main atrium building - dine but not you usual Embassy Suites experience.

• Stayed June 2011
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

Pros
The hotel and room were clean and staff was very friendly. The complimentary breakfast and happy hour are great for business travelers, as with the other Embassy Suites. Right off the parking lot there is a small lake with a one mile path, along with bathrooms and water fountain, and the hotel fitness room was better than many I've seen. The location is convenient as Hwy 4 is right around the corner; I made it to dinner in downtown Orlando in no time.

Cons
I didn't particularly like the shower in the bathroom. The temperature wouldn't change with the dial and was stuck on very hot the entire time. I had a room on the lower floors and the music played in the atrium was loud and could be heard throughout my room, even with the bedroom door closed. The ice machine on my floor was broken throughout my stay. The decor of the rooms is is definitely not what I consider to be trendy, but it does the job.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Deltona,Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

This was not our first stay here, however we will not be back to this Embassy Suites. The pricing was attractive,but it could not make up for the deficiencies. The room was clean but outdated. The bathroom sink w/n drain. A/C did not dehumidify. Manager's reception was inadequate and was in no way a substitute for dinner. Worst breakfast scenario that I have ever seen at this hotel chain. A 29% surcharge for room service for a fairly average dinner. No coffee in the lobby in the afternoon. Coffee was available in the morning, however it was awful at the breakfast area and in the lobby. I can see no reason to pass up a decent Hampton Inn for this place. We are Gold Hhonors members.

Room Tip: Pick a Marriott!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

My family and I stayed at the Embassy Suites Orlando North for 4 nights March March 11 - 15, 2011 and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The front desk staff were friendly and very accommodating to our needs, even checking us in early on our arrival date. Carina was so helpful and was quick to answer any questions we had and made us feel welcome and at home. The nightly managers reception was a nice treat for the end of day. The bar tender was always friendly and chatted with us a few times. The complimentary breakfast was great to have but did get a little redundant after eating the same items everyday. The cook to order station was my husbands favorite and the chef even remembered his order selection daily without being told. He was always quick and friendly even when dealing with large amounts of people. Though this hotel is slightly out of the way of the Orlando theme parks it was very easy to jump on the I-4 and we often reached the parks within 20 - 30 minutes even with the heavy early morning traffic. The hotel is set on a small lake within a village complex that had many events during out stay. Live music overlooking the water and movie night in the park just a few. The only thing missing is an outdoor pool, though we were allowed to use the Hampton Inn's out door pool during our stay. Thank you for making our vacation an enjoyable one we look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

I've stayed at over 100 nights at different embassy suites before and the staff at this location was the worst. I left somethings in the hotel before leaving the hotel and went to the front desk and asked if it was alright and the person in the front desk told me it was alright that their cleaning service would take care of it. I was charged $50 dollars on my credit card and had to call multiple times, multiple days as originally they were telling me it was a holding fee. After weeks and weeks of trying to figure out why I had $50 dollars on my credit card for what they told me was a holding fee, I then contacted my credit card company to get it removed.

It wasn't until about the 3rd or 4th of trying to figure out why they didn't remove this holding fee that I received an email telling me it was a cleaning fee. Incompetent staff that told me not to worry about what I left and the other staff that kept telling me it was a holding fee.

I used to really like embassy suites, but this one has made me not want to ever stay in another embassy suites again, especially after being such a loyal customer and being treated this way.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Ithaca, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

The hotel is a great value and the location is good for accessing greater Orlando. Shopping nearby. Room was clean and comfortable. Check-in and out was effortless.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - North? Share your experiences!