Stayed here with family over the weekend. The hotel itself is everything you expect from an Embassy Suites: suites that are well laid out, great concerned and responsive staff, generous cocktail hours, good hot breakfast. In addition to that, their atrium was also spacious and well kept, the indoor pool was quite nice as it also had a hot tub and a sauna (which I didn't actually use).
Their on-site restaurant, a steak house, has an INCREDIBLE appetizer that I've actually had at other Embassy Suites, so it must be some type of chain restaurant for certain Embassy's. The appetizer is home made potato chips topped with blue cheese crumbles and chopped tomato - if you like blue cheese then you MUST try these!!!! For $7 they are a steal. Save yourself a few extra bucks and order them from your room and go down and pick them up. This way you can avoid the room service charge - you can still provide a tip if you like, however.
This Embassy is in a really nice location. You are within a short walking distance (approx 10-15 minutes) to the Altamonte Mall, which has some great bargains, and there is a nice walkway that goes all the way around a lake (maybe approx .75 mile long loop). This area also has various concerts and activities around the lake and there are other nearby restaurants that you can walk to even closer than the mall.
I would definitely stay here again. If there is a "con" I would say that it's further away from all the Disney/Universal stuff, but it's only about a 20 minute drive away, really not far at all - well worth it to come here.
Don't think twice about staying here, it's a great hotel and location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Orlando North provides every guest with a two-room suite located on the beautiful Cranes Roost Lake and Boardwalk in the heart of Uptown Altamonte. The Embassy Suites Orlando North is just minutes away from the Altamonte Springs Mall, AMC Movie Complex and walking distance to several restaurants. We are conveniently located "Halfway" between Daytona/New Smyrna Beaches and Disney's famous theme parks. We are only 8 miles north of downtown Orlando and near Universal Studios, Wet n Wild and Sea world. The Embassy Suites Orlando North is the perfect location for a fun family vacation, blissful weekend getaway or a business trip. During your stay at the Embassy Suites Orlando North you will experience state-of-the-art amenities to make you feel more at home in the comfort of your hotel suite. Enjoy in-room entertainment with two flat screen televisions,complimentary WiFi, microwave, refrigerator and wet bar. After a peaceful night’s sleep in our luxurious Embassy Essentials linens, wake up to our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, then unwind at the end of your day at our two hour Manager's Reception with your favorite cold beverage and dry snacks. We also have a wide selection of dining options to satisfy your taste buds, including our onsite Omaha Steak House and our In-Room dining. At Embassy Suites Orlando North, you’ll have a more memorable stay in Orlando. Come visit us now! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Orlando North
- Embassy Suites Altamonte Springs
- Altamonte Springs Embassy Suites