“Great Hotel in Village Setting” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast, WiFi
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Altamonte Springs
Mississauga, Canada
“Great Hotel in Village Setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

My family and I stayed at the Embassy Suites Orlando North for 4 nights March March 11 - 15, 2011 and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The front desk staff were friendly and very accommodating to our needs, even checking us in early on our arrival date. Carina was so helpful and was quick to answer any questions we had and made us feel welcome and at home. The nightly managers reception was a nice treat for the end of day. The bar tender was always friendly and chatted with us a few times. The complimentary breakfast was great to have but did get a little redundant after eating the same items everyday. The cook to order station was my husbands favorite and the chef even remembered his order selection daily without being told. He was always quick and friendly even when dealing with large amounts of people. Though this hotel is slightly out of the way of the Orlando theme parks it was very easy to jump on the I-4 and we often reached the parks within 20 - 30 minutes even with the heavy early morning traffic. The hotel is set on a small lake within a village complex that had many events during out stay. Live music overlooking the water and movie night in the park just a few. The only thing missing is an outdoor pool, though we were allowed to use the Hampton Inn's out door pool during our stay. Thank you for making our vacation an enjoyable one we look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

I've stayed at over 100 nights at different embassy suites before and the staff at this location was the worst. I left somethings in the hotel before leaving the hotel and went to the front desk and asked if it was alright and the person in the front desk told me it was alright that their cleaning service would take care of it. I was charged $50 dollars on my credit card and had to call multiple times, multiple days as originally they were telling me it was a holding fee. After weeks and weeks of trying to figure out why I had $50 dollars on my credit card for what they told me was a holding fee, I then contacted my credit card company to get it removed.

It wasn't until about the 3rd or 4th of trying to figure out why they didn't remove this holding fee that I received an email telling me it was a cleaning fee. Incompetent staff that told me not to worry about what I left and the other staff that kept telling me it was a holding fee.

I used to really like embassy suites, but this one has made me not want to ever stay in another embassy suites again, especially after being such a loyal customer and being treated this way.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Ithaca, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

The hotel is a great value and the location is good for accessing greater Orlando. Shopping nearby. Room was clean and comfortable. Check-in and out was effortless.

Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

My spouse and I stayed at this hotel for a week during a business trip as our conference was held in one of the the on-site meeting rooms.

The rooms are spacious but dated. As others have noted the breakfast and evening happy hour was good. The beds were comfortable enough but we ended up in a double instead of a king (none available) and they are SMALL doubles. More like you would find in a small hotel in Europe. We aren't that large a couple but no way were we both going to get a good nights sleep crammed together in one of those beds.

The surrounding area is nice with a man made lake and walkway and a good variety of services and restaurants nearby. It is a long drive to the theme parks thru the downtown so even if you avoid the rush hour you will still be looking a a 1/2 hour drive to visit Universal or Disney.

The staff at the front desk was very pleasent and helpful and unlike some of the other reviewers I never had a problem using the shuttle service. They were always available whenever we requested.

My biggest complaint was the room cleanliness. I'm actually not a clean freak but when the bathroom had hairs around the sink and counter and also in the bathtub on check-in and they never disappeared for 2 of the following days after room servicing I start to get worried.

Also they REALLY need to install in-room safes for storage of valuables. They do offer lock boxes at the front desk on request.

I would recommend this hotel if you are doing business in the area but not as a holiday destination.

California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

Pros
1. Free breakfast includes omlettes made to order (by a man that greets you with a very pleasant good morning), fruit salad, juices, coffee, muffins, yogurt, grits, bacon, sausage and a few more items.
2. indoor pool
3. Happy Hour with free drinks (this may only be on weekdays, not sure). Also comes with pretzels to dip in honey mustard, and chips and salsa.
4. Near a man-made large pond that has a well-lit walkway around the perimeter where many people walk in the evening. There is also a pretty water fountain that turns colors at this pond.
Cons:
1. Shuttle service to nearby destinations is not always available and inconsistent. My gripe is that I was there for 4 days, and at all different times I was told that noone was available and that the drivers were on their half hour breaks). When I called for a pick-up, one day, they gave me an excuse that there was only one person at front desk and the other was on break for the next 30 minutes. (That's what they said 2 hours earlier). I got back to hotel 15 minutes later and there were two people standing at the front desk (Vanessa and I think the other one's name was Ethel) and neither was busy. I do want to say that the drivers Carina and Sean were exceptionally great). Management really should consider making sure that shuttle service is consistently available and post specific hours when it is not available. Otherwise the hotel guests are at the mercy of the front desk making excuses. I discussed this issue with others that were staying at the hotel. They were fed the same lines also.
2. Water fountain is kind of loud and can be heard from living room area of your room.
3. No Kleenex.
4. Small closet.
5. SLOOOOOOOOOOW speed internet in the computer room. Expect to be really frustrated trying to print out boarding pass.
6. Pull out sofa bed, not impressively made.
7. Charges for wireless internet service in room. Not sure if available in lobby.
8. Water from room faucets has a strange taste and smell.
Please check yes if this was helpful.

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

Recently spent 3 nights there after moving out of nearby Residence Inn after 1 night. The difference was night and day.

The front desk staff were helpful and friendly as were all staff I encountered.

The room was very clean and met all expectations.

The breakfast was was great but would suggest getting there early to beat the crowd.

Room servide and the rest. were very good although a bit pricey.

Many places to eat in the local area and a pretty lake just outside the front door with a walking trail.

Had an great stay and would not hesitate to stay again or recommend to a friend.

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

This location has everything u need. It sits on a lake with a walking trail, you can walk to the mall, restaurants, and movie theatre. The staff was great. After 2 days of trying to arrive I had to push my arrival back 2 days in a row and Joshua was able to help me with no problems. Typical Embassy suites rooms with an actual balcony I could sit on. Free Morning cooked breakfast and free happy hour drinks were on point.

• Stayed January 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Altamonte Springs
Hampton Inn & Suites - Orlando-North/Altamonte Springs
Hampton Inn & Suites - Orlando-N...
#1 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
4.5 of 5 stars 266 reviews
Hilton Orlando Altamonte Springs
Hilton Orlando Altamonte Springs
#7 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
3.5 of 5 stars 600 reviews
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Altamonte Springs
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlan...
#2 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
4.0 of 5 stars 469 reviews
Residence Inn Orlando Altamonte Springs
Residence Inn Orlando Altamonte ...
#4 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
4.0 of 5 stars 156 reviews
SpringHill Suites Orlando Altamonte Springs
SpringHill Suites Orlando Altamo...
#5 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
4.0 of 5 stars 143 reviews
Sheraton Orlando North
Sheraton Orlando North
#2 of 3 in Maitland
4.0 of 5 stars 108 reviews

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - North? Share your experiences!