“Terrible experience. Was it a health disaster?” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
North Carolina Smoky Mountains, North Carolina
“Terrible experience. Was it a health disaster?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Food came out cold. Couldnt find our server. When she finally did show ip, she applogized and said she was in the restroom sick! Our table of six did not need to know that, plus she came to our table scratching her hair. We dud not need her near our food. Send everything back and left.

• 2 of 5 stars Food

Sanford, Florida
“My Favorite Island”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I am doing this review for one reason and one reason only and I will tell you why after I make a few points.

The location is great, the outdoor seating is great and the music is fun. The food has gotten MUCH better with better menu selections over the years and I really enjoyed eating here with my friends last year. The lobster shrimp quesadilla is very tasty. I love the coconut shrimp (and I don't even eat coconut). The firecracker shrimp were really good and spicy without ruining my other food. The Jerk Chicken Pasta was creamy and good but in no way reminded me of the true jerk that you would get from a Jamaican's home. Having had the real thing, it was nothing like it but for a pasta dish overall it was still great.

Now, let's get to the real reason for this review. The Chocolate Island is THEE most delicious dessert I have ever had. I have had lots of desserts, some of which I have concocted myself but this is amazing. It is brownie topped with chocolate mousse (the light fluffy kind) then ganauche drizzled over the top and it is sitting in a beautiful pool of chocolate and vanilla anglaise. AMAZING!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“My friend loves this place -”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We went twice recently - my friend frequents the place lots, so servers all want him as he is a good tipper. Had a good coconut/fruity cocktail, then one of their lite dishes - fairly good. My friend always gets their chicken and pasta jerk dish, which he loves. They know exactly how to cook it for him - it was warm so we sat out on the patio, which is always nice in Florida. DJ was playing island music - a nice addition.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kissimmee
“Long wait”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I live In Kissimmee and I was in town so I decided to visit Bahama Breeze in Altamonte Springs, it started out great we were seated right away. Then it took approximately 22 min for anyone to noticed we were waiting, I had to contact the manager and advise him of the long wait, after that the service was good and the manager was very nice he comp the app. All in all it turned out to be an Okay time.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Orlando
“So good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I don't expect much from a chain, but the ahi salad was among the best presentations of ahi I've ever experienced. Very good server, too.

• Visited March 2013