“A Nou take on things” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Venezuelan
Description: Small strip mall restaurant with fantastic food ( is that what you want?)
“A Nou take on things”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Nou is a very small place but offers some very nice dishes of authentic Latin cuisine
I have been attending this place nearly since it opened and can tell you that the patronage continues to grow
The atmosphere is friendly.
Parking is a bit limited but worth trying to find a spot
You will enjoy this place ...

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Orlando, Florida
“A welcome addition to the neighborhood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Decided to pop in for lunch and investigate what was offered as I've never really had Venezuelan food. Despite the strip mall location, it's clean and cute inside, though cozy (maybe half a dozen tables and a few bar seats). The menu is brief, but filled with familiar Latin options. We split a beef empanada and it was tasty, especially with the provided sauce. These were not the pastry sort of empanadas I'm used to, but rather a corn pocket similar to the kind used in tamales. Then I ordered the fried green plantains with shredded beef (carne desmechada) and was startled by the size of my "appetizer"; whoever said the portions are small here is crazy. I was full before my arepa came. I've only ever had an arepa once before (the kind they sell out of a cart at festivals) and wasn't particularly enthralled by it, but this seemed to be a featured item on the menu and I thought I'd give them another try. I ordered the chorizo arepa, but they were out of chorizo, so the waitress suggested the pabellon criollo, which had sweet plantains, shredded beef, black beans, and cheese inside the buttery cornbread pocket. It was delicious. The sweet plantains really made it, nicely contrasting with the cheese, seasoned meet, and salty bread. My friend ordered the same thing for her meal, but disassembled on a plate instead of inside the arepa like a sandwich. Hers came with white rice and a fried egg. They also serve you this awesome "bread" with a sweet herb butter - I have no idea what it is, but it's addictive. I'm eager to go back and try other things on the menu besides just the beef, haha. Everything came out fresh and hot, which takes time, so don't try to eat here when you're in a rush. My whole meal, which ended up being my dinner as well, was like $12.

• Visited September 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Great hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stumbled upon this place by accident. And am so glad I did!

The strip mall location makes it very deceiving. Its the kind of place one drives by every day without noticing. My wife and I ate lunch there recently and thought it was solid. Its not fancy, but at the same time not downscale either. Decor is clever, service was terrific, food was very tasty and pricing very reasonable.

Its definitely worth trying. We will be back soon - and with a bigger group.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Apopka, Florida
“Unexpectedly wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Great food for a decent price. I was full from one Arepa and a main. Great service and the food tasted fantastic. Wish more people nou about it, but then I might have a hard time going back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orlando,Fl.
“Small Place Small Portions”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Ordered 8 oz. burger received 4oz burger, complained waitress said it was 8oz. All sides are ice cream scoop size. Ordered Pork" chops "received 1 pork chop overcooked. No salt and pepper on tables, have to ask for them.Not going back.

• Visited September 2012