We needed a stop-over hotel on our way to Sanibel. We made reservations late and were traveling with our dog. When the original reservation was made the name of the hotel was Homewood/Homestead Suites (or something like that). I booked through Priceline and pre-paid for the room. I wasn't expecting a lot for $95.00 plus $25 pet fee but it was just one night. At check in (where no identification was asked for) my name was on confirmation but the address was incorrect. I was told that this was because we had booked through Priceline.com. I told the lady in guest services (who was honestly very nice and polite and this review in no way reflects anything negative towards her!) that I had prepaid and she said that there had been a problem with my Mastercard. Funny because I only have Visa's - I ended up paying for the room and am hoping that when I check my Visa bill I won't have paid twice for this stay.
The hotel smelled musty and like smoking had only been banned about 3 hours prior to our arrival. The room was a nice size as was the bathroom. The kitchenette and full sized fridge was also very nice considering we were traveling with food. The bed linens appeared to be new and were in nice shape. That is about all the good I can offer.
There is no ice maker in the hotel - just ice trays in the freezer and honestly, I'm a little picky about tap water from just any faucet. We had to request new pillows as there were stains of some sort on one of them.
My family slept probably 1 hour total that night. There was constant door slamming, talking and general noise all night long. We kept the HVAC unit running on high to try and drown out some of the noise. At first I felt bad that our dog was 'ruffing a bit' but honestly, she was just a nervous wreck over the banging, slamming and carrying on that was going on throughout the building.
It looked to us as if this hotel was actually a home to many people. If that is true, my heart aches for them because those children we saw certainly deserve a quiet place to sleep.
I have never been more delighted to be up and in a shower at 4:30 am so that we could get out of the room as soon as possible.
This was a lesson learned and I can promise that I will never, ever again compromise quality for quantity.
- Also Known As:
- Homestead Suites Orlando / Altamonte Springs Hotel Altamonte Springs
- Homestead Suites Orlando / Altamonte Springs Hotel
- Homestead Suites Orlando
- Homestead Suites Altamonte Springs
- Homestead Altamonte Springs
- Altamonte Springs Homestead
- Altamonte Springs Homestead Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Homestead Studio Suites Orlando/ Altamonte Springs is a conveniently situated hotel between Maitland/ downtown Orlando and Lake Mary. All suites feature a fully equipped kitchen with full size refrigerator, stove top and microwave oven. Free wifi. Guest laundry available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Extended Stay America - Orlando - Altamonte Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.