“Ayurveda health retreat was a peaceful kind environment.” 5 of 5 stars

You added Ayurveda Health Retreat to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Ayurveda Health Retreat
14616 NW 140th St, Alachua, FL 32616   |
“Ayurveda health retreat was a peaceful kind environment.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

I am glad I stumbled upon Ayurveda health retreat. It was exactly what I had hoped for. A chilled... kind environment. I ate healthy, slept on soft sheets, participated in a morning and evening yoga class, met kind interesting people and enjoyed stillness.
I especially enjoyed the family like dinner table. There was always an interesting story and flavorful vegetarian cuisine.

• Stayed February 2011

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

I visited the retreat exhausted, spent, and in some real need of taking care of myself. Immediately I felt comfortable, relaxed, and so excited to start my treatments. Richard and all of the wonderful people at the retreat do a remarkable job of making you feel cared for.
The room was very comfortable, pleasant, I slept very well. The ayurvedic meals were delicious and inspired me to come home and give some of the recipes a try. Each therapist I experienced was a true healer, very knowledgeable, and gifted at what they do. Panchakarma was a wonderful experience, the stress just melted away! I also had a Thai massage, and that was beyond the beyond, amazing!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

I was new to Ayurveda and decided I needed to learn more, so I traveled from Philadelphia to Alachua to learn more. My experience was truly blissful. Richard and his team are wonderful; very nice; very caring; very informative. I had five panchakarma treatments that were excellent. I also enjoyed the great food and yoga twice a day. The windchimes, birds chirping, the warm sun and the wonderful tea combined to give me the most relaxation I've probably ever had in 50 plus years! Also, I would highly recommend the Transformational Breathing technique. It did more for me than years of therapy ever have related to getting to core issues. I hope to return with my significant other soon!! Richard and Team-Thank you again!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Delray Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

I heard about this place and was planning a visit to Gainesville for another reason so asked if I could come by and get a tour and perhaps stay overnight. Richard who runs the place was really nice and totally hospitable. We not only were able to stay overnight for a very reasonable cost but were invited for breakfast, lunch and a yoga class. the environment was totally healing, so much so that we decided to stay an extra night. We also each did a consult with Richard, which we found very valuable.

There were some very nice people going through there and also working there, so we met some interesting people.

Would love to come back for a longer stay

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

This was a blissful, enlightening, nourishing and happy experience!!! I immediately connected with the wonderfully friendly and caring staff that felt just like family along with the beautiful energy of the surroundings...I had very helpful ayurvedic constitution evaluations, flavorful and delicious vegetarian meals, one of a kind Panchacarma treatments, great yoga lessons everyday, accurate astrology readings, and wonderful teas all day long not to mention amazing books everywhere. The weather was divine and the small city has an air of lost in time that is enchanting The whole setting is design to take you away either within yourself or up in higher dimentions....
II am taking home what I learn and in time I'd to return to recharge again :)

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

Whether you're familiar with Ayurveda or not, visiting the Ayurveda Health Retreat was one of the most interesting, relaxing, and enlightening experiences of my life! I arrived there not really knowing what to expect, as it was to be my first introduction to Ayurveda. There is a definite atmosphere of serenity and unity from everything there, and you will no doubt become drawn in by the warmth and friendliness of everyone! I experienced Panchakarma for 3 days, and the experience was fantastic, incredibly soothing and spiritual. Vegetarian meals made 3 times daily by the lovable cooks, Ruben and Gary, were absolutely delicious as well. The discoveries I have made about my health and my energies are such a blessing, and now essential to my daily life. This is a wonderful retreat for everyone!

• Stayed January 2011
Weeki Wachee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

I stayed for 4 days at the Ayurvedic Health Retreat and I wish I could have stayed longer. I would highly recommend the retreat to anyone that has a pre-existing condition/illness to come here to find some helpful answers. Extremely caring staff that catered to my specific physical, mental and spiritual needs. I am looking forward to my next visit and more healing.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo

Been to Ayurveda Health Retreat? Share your experiences!