“Food was the best” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
florida
“Food was the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Food was the best and the price is right . They give you lots of food for the money and the service is great we will come back very very soon

Visited May 2013

Alachua, Florida
“Good local food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This was our first time going to Sandbar. My wife and her sister and I. The food was great along with the service. The food came out of the kitchen relatively quick. We all got different Meals only one of them was fried. All of it was good.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newberry, Florida
“Tongue slapping good !!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Good seafood in the middle of Florida.
We were seated quickly.
Drinks within 2 minutes and order taken.
Food out at a reasonable time.
Hats off to the cooks, food was and is great.
Service great.
Friend told us about SANDBAR.
We also will inform others.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
gainesville, fl
“Run!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Horrible run away!!! Cold food. Not fresh, whoever is cooking does not know how to cook. Someone is going to get sick. Run!!!!!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Gainesville, Florida
“Aweful food and poor customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

A friend and I went to this new restaurant looking forward to a girls lunch out. The menu looked great--lots of wonderful seafood offerings. We ordered scallops. When I asked if the green beans were fresh, the waitress said, "I think they are frozen". When I asked about the corn on the cob, she said she thought it was fresh.
I often order scallops in restaurants and I have never ever had such as this--I regret I did not take a picture. They were chopped! But I think that's because they were not scallops. There were two tiny whole baby scallops and I'm not sure what the rest of the white shreds were but I do know they were not scallops. The whole thing was flavorless. My companion said it was worse that that; she thought they tasted bad. I wonder what it was that we were eating.
The corn on the cob was definitely frozen (you know those perfect little 4 inch ears) and watery and flavorless--offered with hydrogenated spread. The steak fries were frozen regular french fries with no flavor. The baked potato wasn't much better. When the waitress asked how we liked the meal, we were nice but said not very much. I told her that I'd never had scallops delivered chopped and they didn't taste like scallops. She simply walked away. When we went to pay at the register the lady there was surely. We had a purchased "deal" so the food was only half price, but it wasn't even worth that.
The food was terrible; and the attitude of the restaurant was that they just didn't care.
I myself bought other "deals" for this place and am hoping to get my vouchers refunded.
We asked if we could sit outside but were told they only had one server so service would be very slow; so we ate inside (we later counted at least 3 servers!)

• Visited April 2013